• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chi Ability: SlideTackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Name: SlideTackle

Description: Sprint and left-click to slide quickly forward and knock back any targets in your way.

How It Could Work: The chiblocker break into a sprint and then left-click to burst into a quick motion in the direction they were sprinting. While moving quickly minor particles could be at their feet to make the "sliding" motion more visually gratifying. Any entities caught in this will be thrown up about 1 block (default) and back about 3 blocks (default). it would be a nice effect if they were throw sideways relative to the chiblocker rather than back, and would make it better for allowing a chiblocker to further engage the target afterwards. Not to mention, since the knock back would be at an angle that is rather uncommon, it would further aid in confusing the opponent when they wish to react.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion and I am open to any feedback that could perhaps improve this ability and make it more worthy of implementation. :)

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I remember fighting my friend who was a chiblocker and I was an airbender. I remember every time he would attempt to engage me I would just use airbending to push him back. I kept thinking if he were to have an ability like this to use how fantastic it would've been to satisfy the flow of combat.

Paragorn

Verified Member
Not sure if this is possible but maybe for the sliding animation we should have the player lie down in an invisible bed and move him while sleeping in the bed?

Kwesi

Verified Member
Not sure if this is possible but maybe for the sliding animation we should have the player lie down in an invisible bed and move him while sleeping in the bed?
There doesn't need to be a "sliding" motion, but perhaps they are in the sneaking potion while moving in a burst of increased speed in the direction they're moving with particle effects to visually show friction.

Status
Not open for further replies.