• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chi Ability: MartialThrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Name: MartialThrow

Description: Hold sneak and double left-click at the enemy to throw them over you.

How It Could Work: The chiblocker would hold sneak and left-click twice at a target to perform the Minecraft equivalent of a flipping someone over them in many martial arts. They could be thrown about 2 blocks above the player and land behind them.

This ability could be useful for utilising fall damage and confusing their opponent. It would require skill, timing and co-ordination to execute most effectively and would certainly allow chiblockers to display to new range in tactics and skill.

Helpful comments are always welcomed and ideas that could perhaps improve this would be taken into account. I appreciate respectful contribution. I hope this ability can be a great addition for chiblockers. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I like the idea. I sea its connection with chibloking and I sea Its potential. The only thing that I have to ask is what would the range be as I assume this would be a close attack. Speaking of attack I think that this should do 4 damage and the player that is being attacked with this move should receive slowness resembling the fact that it would take a wile to get back on his feet. The hole martial art thing could potentially create a suitable combo system for chiblokers.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I like the idea. I sea its connection with chibloking and I sea Its potential. The only thing that I have to ask is what would the range be as I assume this would be a close attack. Speaking of attack I think that this should do 4 damage and the player that is being attacked with this move should receive slowness resembling the fact that it would take a wile to get back on his feet. The hole martial art thing could potentially create a suitable combo system for chiblokers.
It would definitely be a close ranged ability. The damage would be configurable but that sounds good for default. The slowness effect actually makes sense. Also, I completely agree with you regarding the combos; I think chi-blockers should be developed to be very combo oriented and have the most combo abilities available. The way MartialThrow would be most effective is when used as part of a combo for in most situations. Due to the fact that it requires one to hold sneak to use it's not good for mobility so it could be great to use after paralysing an entity or something along those lines.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Coming from a background involving taekwondo, I believe a more suiting name for this would be HipThrow, as this is what the move is called in real life.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Coming from a background involving taekwondo, I believe a more suiting name for this would be HipThrow, as this is what the move is called in real life.
I suppose that could be considered. I used MartialThrow because it sounded more general and I thought it seemed pretty cool.

CrystalBender1

Verified Member
I wouldnt mind this being added to Chi at all. I also thing this would be a really awesome thing to use. It would be a nice additon if it had the bloodbending affect as if you choose where you throw them.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I wouldnt mind this being added to Chi at all. I also thing this would be a really awesome thing to use. It would be a nice additon if it had the bloodbending affect as if you choose where you throw them.
This ability differs from bloodbending in the fact that it is not the same degree of manipulation: the practitioner cannot directly manipulate the victim's body, their movements must be very specific to execute this correctly so they cannot choose where they throw them, they pretty much flip them over themselves and the ability is supposed to imitate that somewhat.

CrystalBender1

Verified Member
This ability differs from bloodbending in the fact that it is not the same degree of manipulation: the practitioner cannot directly manipulate the victim's body, their movements must be very specific to execute this correctly so they cannot choose where they throw them, they pretty much flip them over themselves and the ability is supposed to imitate that somewhat.
By bloodbending affect i was suggesting Which area to throw them to. For example when you use the move and look to the left you might throw them to the left.

Kwesi

Verified Member
By bloodbending affect i was suggesting Which area to throw them to. For example when you use the move and look to the left you might throw them to the left.
It already works that way. They will naturally get thrown directly behind where the chiblocker is aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.