• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chat Prefix in newest 1.8.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't know why but I couldn't post this in Bug Reports so.... I guess I'll "suggest" this to be fixed? Idk

So there's this new prefix thing. You are able to define WHAT the prefix will be:
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 8.31.02 PM.png
I set those options, they are not default

As I like the ability to have a little more customizable options this seems a bit flawed I guess? Correct me if I'm wrong; I feel as though I am missing something.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 8.32.18 PM.png
With the config options I have showed you, it displays the set prefix PLUS a pk prefix? Am I using the prefix option wrong? Is it supposed to be something like this?

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 8.34.04 PM.png
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks it's a bit deceiving to be able to have a set prefix and a custom one.... Maybe I just used it wrong in the first screenshot lol.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nonono you misunderstood. The chat prefix is ProjectKorra. That itself has a prefix and a suffix, so you could do something of the sorts like <ProjectKorra> or [ProjectKorra] or (ProjectKorra), hope you get the point. You can't remove ProjectKorra from it.

ndude5

Verified Member
Darn, that takes up a lot of space. I guess it doesn't matter that much. I think it'd look better if you could just do [PK] or something

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Nonono you misunderstood. The chat prefix is ProjectKorra. That itself has a prefix and a suffix, so you could do something of the sorts like <ProjectKorra> or [ProjectKorra] or (ProjectKorra), hope you get the point. You can't remove ProjectKorra from it.
So it's to make the brackets rather than the words? You should really define that somewhere...

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I don't know why but I couldn't post this in Bug Reports so.... I guess I'll "suggest" this to be fixed? Idk

So there's this new prefix thing. You are able to define WHAT the prefix will be:
View attachment 2753
I set those options, they are not default

As I like the ability to have a little more customizable options this seems a bit flawed I guess? Correct me if I'm wrong; I feel as though I am missing something.

View attachment 2754
With the config options I have showed you, it displays the set prefix PLUS a pk prefix? Am I using the prefix option wrong? Is it supposed to be something like this?

View attachment 2755
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks it's a bit deceiving to be able to have a set prefix and a custom one.... Maybe I just used it wrong in the first screenshot lol.
The configuration options are for the "ProjectKorra" prefix itself, the prefix's prefix, and the prefix's suffix. As an example, a prefix of '[' and a suffix of '] ' will result in the branding prefix "[ProjectKorra] ". (Colors are to denote where specific elements go)

If you understand the basics of String concatenation in Java, a simpler way of showing this is
Code:
brandingPrefix = prefix + brandingPrefix + suffix;

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The configuration options are for the "ProjectKorra" prefix itself, the prefix's prefix, and the prefix's suffix. As an example, a prefix of '[' and a suffix of '] ' will result in the branding prefix "[ProjectKorra] ". (Colors are to denote where specific elements go)

If you understand the basics of String concatenation in Java, a simpler way of showing this is
Code:
brandingPrefix = prefix + brandingPrefix + suffix;
Yes, I know this now.

Loony

Verified Member
It's okay. I'm an idiot. I don't see obvious things. I look for the big picture. But if I didn't get it, you should assume others wouldn't to.
It actually isn't obvious, most people would assume the prefix is the actual 'ProjectKorra' part.

Status
Not open for further replies.