• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Change in Waterbending Passive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Water run: This is a technique in which waterbenders run on water at high speeds, in addition to riding on foreign objects with the same purpose. This technique was first used during Team Avatar's crossing of the Serpent's Pass, when Katara formed an ice surfboard and increased her speed in order to effectively freeze the serpent's midsection without being hit.[27] She used it a second time to cross the lake to Jang Hui.[22] Aang used this in his fight against Ozai to flee from Ozai's attacks after being knocked off a cliff.[34] During their fight with Korra, Desna and Eska encased their feet with ice to allow them to slide across the water.[47] Korra also used this technique to ride a wave and cross the water when she was trying to stop two thieves at a small fishing town.[60] - AvatarWiki

I want to change the way "Speed Swimming" looks and make it so when you shift in water to water run, you form small wave at your feet to hover on the water. If you want to go underwater, it would make a spiral of bubbles.​

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think I had seen this suggestion before, while I was browsing in this section (will look up for it sure). I like this suggestion tho. I would prefer this as a replacement of the original passive where you swim underwater :3
Why is it called waterrun when it uses ice?
I wondered that too but I suggesting that you ride a wave when surfing the top part of the water
Me three. I think they named it as a metaphorical meaning, since running could be applied applies as "moving" across something, like How Surge can make a shielding technique too, despite its name :)

IStackerI

Verified Member
I think that the water run part is useless, because it just doesn't really make sense. I see your idea, but I don't see it in PK as it would look really unrealistic. Yes, Waterbenders in the show would run/ride a wave, but that is basiclly waterwave, icewave, and waterflow. So I think that isn't a good idea.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Hmm, thought that you defined "unrealistic" as in this technique is not accomplishable for them. unlike from the show.

Hero

Verified Member
That makes waterbenders OP so,it should stay.
You isn't like waterwave due to the fact that you cannot attack while riding it (since it requires shifting) and it's literally the same as the passive we have right now but looks differently...

boybuscuss

Verified Member
well,its useful and makes sense,so they dont need to uninstall that passive,they should add particles at least.Its good the way it is.
Thats just my opinion c:

boybuscuss

Verified Member
but a wave,well thats a good idea,they can make a combo like IceWave (not the waterspout one) .Well i changed my opinion.You are right.Now i really like the idea c:

Nin01

Verified Member
Water run: This is a technique in which waterbenders run on water at high speeds, in addition to riding on foreign objects with the same purpose. This technique was first used during Team Avatar's crossing of the Serpent's Pass, when Katara formed an ice surfboard and increased her speed in order to effectively freeze the serpent's midsection without being hit.[27] She used it a second time to cross the lake to Jang Hui.[22] Aang used this in his fight against Ozai to flee from Ozai's attacks after being knocked off a cliff.[34] During their fight with Korra, Desna and Eska encased their feet with ice to allow them to slide across the water.[47] Korra also used this technique to ride a wave and cross the water when she was trying to stop two thieves at a small fishing town.[60] - AvatarWiki

I want to change the way "Speed Swimming" looks and make it so when you shift in water to water run, you form small wave at your feet to hover on the water. If you want to go underwater, it would make a spiral of bubbles.​
So like going fast on ice but running on water in the same way correct?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Running on water isn't referred to a literally meaning, so read the next bold text. He also isn't referring on surfing on ice, but surfing with the ice below the waterbender's feet

boybuscuss

Verified Member
but a wave,well thats a good idea,they can make a combo like IceWave (not the waterspout one) .Well i changed my opinion.You are right.Now i really like the idea c:
As i said not the waterspout one, i cant name this ability so lets call this one watersurf.

Status
Not open for further replies.