• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

BlastKick

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDC122

Verified Member
Element:Fire
Type:Mobility
Damage:None
Cooldown:2-3sec
Name:BlastKick(Pls find a better name for this)

This move allows fire benders to quickly move at any direction, allowing them to either dodge moves or move fast.
The fire bender kicks fast at the ground and makes a small explosion allowing them to quickly propel themselves at a direction. Its a mini version of fire jet. The move has a 2-3 sec cool down. When used you will quickly be propelled 2-3 blocks at the direction you chose, or 1-2 blocks.

How to use:
Use the WASD button to chose a direction, then klick shift all at the same time. But how do you jump with this then, well you could switch the move, easy.

So you might have noticed you cannot use it to jump upwards or downwards, well thats the point. I mean you could use up and down button if you want a function like that.

Has anyone notice that I mostly make fire moves, hehehehe.
I mean this could also work for air, a mini version to air blast or air scooter , as it is for fire jet.
For air maybe it should be named swift kick, but it would be weird if 2 elements share the same move.

XDC122

Verified Member
Also blast kick has shorter cool down then fire jet. It will also allow users to use firejet in more important places or conditions like trying to get away for example, rather then use it on simple matters as dodging a move. And blast kick moves faster then firejet.

Beygirl

Verified Member
I personally think that this would be an unnecessary addition to Firebending. FireJet has a reasonable cooldown. With this ability, it seems that you're trying to give Firebenders a mini FireJet to use while FireJet's cooldown is in effect, eliminating the purpose of the cooldown. Which seems overpowered if you look at it this way, and it's too similar to FireJet. It's almost as if you're giving us a FireJet #2.
Well, this mini verison of firejet also faster. Everybody doesnt want to dodge a move with firejet with you either wizzing around or coming to a abrupt stop.
Sure, it might be faster, but FireJet is already fast enough to dodge moves AND charge moves while doing that. There's a reason it has a cooldown. And, if you meant "faster" as in faster to perform, FireJet takes one click to use. Don't compare that to FireBlast vs. Charged FireBlast.

Hero

Verified Member
I personally think that this would be an unnecessary addition to Firebending. FireJet has a reasonable cooldown. With this ability, it seems that you're trying to give Firebenders a mini FireJet to use while FireJet's cooldown is in effect, eliminating the purpose of the cooldown. Which seems overpowered if you look at it this way, and it's too similar to FireJet. It's almost as if you're giving us a FireJet #2.

Sure, it might be faster, but FireJet is already fast enough to dodge moves AND charge moves while doing that. There's a reason it has a cooldown. And, if you meant "faster" as in faster to perform, FireJet takes one click to use. Don't compare that to FireBlast vs. Charged FireBlast.
They are thinking about getting rid of the ability to charge moves on firejet ;)

XDC122

Verified Member
Well then beygirl why not make blast kick just another function for firejet like fireblast is another function to charged fireblast. Also can't use it if firejet is in a cooldown, how's that. Then again firejet will get 2 diferent cooldowns. Also when the enemy fireblasts towards you, you will have to look away from the attack then use firejet to dodge it or quickly look to the side. With blast kick you can still focus on the enemy while dodging the move. Keeping an eye on the enemy is very important, if you loose sight of him then he might sneek attack you, and you don't want that.

Btw when I said klick shift I meant press space.
Use the WASD Button to choose a direction then press space not shift, all at the same time. Makes more sense :p

SuperBower118

Verified Member

Zuko has done this before, even though this was during the Final Agni Kai during Sozin's Comet.
Funny, I had an idea like this concepted for a while, but I was iffy on whether I should present it to the community or not.
Now that I think about it, I have a lot of ideas for fire that can be presented to the community if I put a little bit more thought into them...

XDC122

Verified Member
Just share them then, even tho you think its gonna be denied, you never know right. Thats why almost every post I make gets denied..... wait wa.
Well at least I tried right.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Placing this Looking Into. I don't think it is such a bad idea to form a concept based on a mini firejet. We have seen in the show many times how Firebenders can quickly jet themselves up, left, or right. The current firejet is for sure based on a medium/long distance, and I assume this one is for short distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.