• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Biome Power [WATER/FIRE]

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Back to topic... I don't actually see how fire benders or water benders would get debuffs in specific biomes... I don't really think it makes sense... You said it's in the show. Could you show me a gif or a video for example??

owlcool

Verified Member
.... I'm not sure how you think of RPG, but this a RPG suggestion...

RPG is like realism, it doesn't fit into the core.
If you just want to know what rpg stands for it stands for Role Playing Game. Now how you interpret that it up to you.

Hero

Verified Member
Back to topic... I don't actually see how fire benders or water benders would get debuffs in specific biomes... I don't really think it makes sense... You said it's in the show. Could you show me a gif or a video for example??
Not debuffs like slowness, just weakness because firebending gets weak in cold areas.
When Zuko tried to kidnap Aang, he was getting weak from the cold. (I know it was a full moon, but still). As for a waterbender, Katara and the gang were in the desert and even though they all got weak, Katara couldnt bend that well.

owlcool

Verified Member
Omg, would you guys drop the rpg arguement. >.<
It was never an argument.
Not debuffs like slowness, just weakness because firebending gets weak in cold areas.
When Zuko tried to kidnap Aang, he was getting weak from the cold. (I know it was a full moon, but still). As for a waterbender, Katara and the gang were in the desert and even though they all got weak, Katara couldnt bend that well.
That was in a snow storm, if you could you move through a snow storm easily you are not human. And the explanation to the desert is that there was very little water to bend, and she was tired from walking through a hot desert for hours, just like the rest of them.

Hero

Verified Member
It was never an argument.

That was in a snow storm, if you could you move through a snow storm easily you are not human. And the explanation to the desert is that there was very little water to bend, and she was tired from walking through a hot desert for hours, just like the rest of them.
They still get effectd by where tbey are

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
But he wasn't blinded.

owlcool

Verified Member
Just because we never saw a firebenders trapped in a desert for hours getting dehydrated does not mean they can't be dehydrated. Wan Shi Tong's library was in the desert and Katara could bend just fine. If the only test subjects to being out in a snowstorm for hours is a firebenders and a unconscious airbender, then it might mean that they are actually human!
But he wasn't blinded.
If you are going to use horrible logic, then of course firebenders should be blinded! It is in a snow storm!

owlcool

Verified Member
Firebenders are stronger near the equator, waterbenders are stronger near the poles. The only debuffs to fire and air that are actual debuffs like eclipses not guy lacks the equator he is weaker then anywhere else, they are as strong as at anywhere else not close to the poles unless they are in a freazking snowstorm at the North Pole!!!