• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

/bending who Betrays Vanished Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
Plugin: ProjectKorra Core
Version: 1.7.0
Where the bug exists: /bending who and /bending who <player>
Description: When a player is vanished, they still show up in the /b who list, and when someone uses /b who <player> on the vanished user, it still returns the lookup without the offline message.
What should be happening instead: Vanished users should not show up in /b who, and if possible /b who <player> on a vanished user should return as if the user is offline (in a sense, a fake offline lookup message).

Thanks! :)

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
This isn't really a bug since it's not an error in the coding that causes the plugin to behave erratically or unresponsively. This should probably be a suggestion to have it respect things like /vanish

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
/bending who <player> is meant to show offline players anyway. So whether they are vanished or not, doesn't really matter.

Marking as not a bug.

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
This is a bit of a security issue (at least for us). Players can spam /b who to display all online users, and compare it with the tab list to find out if there are vanished staff online. This inhibits my staff from properly investigating potential hackers/rule-breakers, and has caused multitudes of issues for our staff.

The /b w <player> issue isn't as important, was just an inquiry overall, but the listing of vanished players with /b w (no specific player) has become quite the problem.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Just make where your players don't have access to /b w. I don't see why they would need it that much anyways.

Daddy Sakurai

Verified Member
Please understand! /bending who was added for the purpose of telling who was what element! if you would like it to not show vanished players, then tell them to leave the server.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Please understand! /bending who was added for the purpose of telling who was what element! if you would like it to not show vanished players, then tell them to leave the server.
That would ruin the point of them being vanished in the first place...

Hero

Verified Member
I don't think you guys get the point of this.

This is asking for /b w to NOT show vanished players. Like FearlessFrost said, its a security issue. Hackers and other rule breakers could use this command to see if any staff is on. You say to not allow /b w to players, but that doesn't really solve much of anything. That's just an inconvenience to people who regularly use the command (and we do use this a lot).

/b w may/vanish bug might not have to do with PK, but your command shouldn't bypass anything that's supposed to otherwise make a player offline.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is a bit of a security issue (at least for us). Players can spam /b who to display all online users, and compare it with the tab list to find out if there are vanished staff online. This inhibits my staff from properly investigating potential hackers/rule-breakers, and has caused multitudes of issues for our staff.

The /b w <player> issue isn't as important, was just an inquiry overall, but the listing of vanished players with /b w (no specific player) has become quite the problem.
Vanished players showing up in /b who has nothing to do with ProjectKorra, it's because that player is not actually offline (any bukkit plugin can see this). I understand it's a security risk to your server, but why are your players even vanished anyway? If it's the staff who are vanished, why are they vanished? If they are staff, they should be able to help users and users should be able to ask them for help.

Point being, the problem isn't actually to do with ProjectKorra. It can't be "fixed".

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
Vanished players showing up in /b who has nothing to do with ProjectKorra, it's because that player is not actually offline (any bukkit plugin can see this). I understand it's a security risk to your server, but why are your players even vanished anyway? If it's the staff who are vanished, why are they vanished? If they are staff, they should be able to help users and users should be able to ask them for help.

Point being, the problem isn't actually to do with ProjectKorra. It can't be "fixed".
I should have specified that we're using VanishNoPacket in my original post for clarity. It is not impossible to fix, I have seen the plugin PreciousStones add a fix for a feature that betrayed vanish players (It was an entry alert feature for fields) without adding any dependencies (even soft ones). I understand that PreciousStones is not PK, but if it helps any, here is the github for PreciousStones :)

Anyways, my staff use vanish to help with catching users who are breaking the rules while they think that there is no one to stop them. It's quality control to help ensure a better user experience overall. I brought this up because a player found out about this issue, and subsequently told everyone on the server about it.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

It's not hard to add support for the most well known vanish plugins.

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like this idea +1, someone take it to the suggestion box plz!!!

Quick question, support for essentials vanish or the vanish plugin itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.