• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Bending Realism: RaiseEarth Focus

xNuminousx

Verified Member
When using the shift version of RaiseEarth, you should be required to shift for the entire duration. Right now, you just tap shift and the whole thing progresses; this isn't exactly accurate. I propose a sort of charge if you will.

Basically, the shift version of raise earth will continue to progress upwards until one of the following:
  1. The player stops shifting
  2. The wall has reached maximum height
This would help server seems more diverse. For instance, if a server set their wall to height 20 for some reason, then the motion of the wall and the look of the bender would be the same across every server of any config variation. Right now, if that server were to have the 20 height config then the bender would just tap shift and walk away and continue bending other things while the wall progressed. I don't think this should be.

This would also allow a player to customize the size of the raise earth to their needs; as long as it's lower than the height in the config. So if they don't need to shift for the entire duration, or they don't need an unnecessarily tall wall, then they don't need to make one. It sort of adds more strategy and unpredictability to the game.

I couldn't find a gif of what I'm looking for so idk if you don't know. Just imagine when Sue's sons, the twins, made a wall around them when fighting Kuvira's army in Zao Fu. They made relatively tall walls and had to focus on them while creating them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I did suggest this before.

There were countless of examples that earthbenders could rise earth barries in any size they please.
While Toph did create a giantic wall in a second to halt azulatyleemai and their gigantic lizard-ish animals from doing them harm, it's not a standard for an average bending and in minecraft it's kinda absurd during gameplay since there are these so called earthbenders that spam the heck off of the raiseearth, and thus cause lag and along with the annoyance it leaves on the opponent to bare with that kind of BS.

Last edited:

Korrasami

I did suggest this before.

There were countless of examples that earthbenders could rise earth barries in any size they please.
While Toph did create a giantic wall in a second to halt azulatyleemai and their gigantic lizard-ish animals from doing them harm, it's not a standard for an average bending and in minecraft it's kinda absurd during gameplay since there are these so called earthbenders that spam the heck off of the raiseearth, and thus cause lag and along with the annoyance it leaves on the opponent to bare with that kind of BS.
Then perhaps restrict it to some sort of higher ranking to reduce the amount of spam/lag it would cause

NickC1211

Verified Member
I like this idea but I think raiseearth needs a revamp in general. Like the player looking up raise the wall or looks sideways to move it along.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Then perhaps restrict it to some sort of higher ranking to reduce the amount of spam/lag it would cause
Not all servers rely on ranking and have that system installed, so that wouldn't work for all servers and would apply to a limited amount. I say it's more reasonable and intuitive for providing earthbenders the capability to rise up walls at any size, but at the cost of having to spend time (via holding sneak long enough) If they wish to create big walls at the maximum size (determined by the config setting) it's already is on.