• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending Pure Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest9

Verified Member
This is an excellent idea ! On a server, i live in the Northern Water Tribe, this would make my control of my surroundings much more advanced !

Green

Verified Member
I really do like this, it gives bending in a certain environment more depth. Just like how sand bending is, utilizing what is around you.

I think this would be really good if there was a major difference than regular water. Like how sand bending is, you have a good chance to get blindness. Snow bending should have a good change of giving slowness and has a much greater knock back than regular moves.

I don't think snow is big enough to be its own sub class but I definitely think it should be implemented in almost every move.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I hope this is done with earth and water. By that I mean if I sourced a move from sand it would be the sand version. Same with lava. And with water it would be as shown here snow as well as ice.

Green

Verified Member
I hope this is done with earth and water. By that I mean if I sourced a move from sand it would be the sand version. Same with lava. And with water it would be as shown here snow as well as ice.
Yes it would make the plugin a lot more interactive with the environment.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
My two cents:

Rather than changing "stances" with PhaseChange, as it were, I believe integration of different effects depending on the kind of source used is better implemented differently. From a design perspective, it'd be more user-friendly, simple and elegant to have moves do a set something by default. For example, Surge used on water and ice would always be the normal Surge, whilst using it on specifically either a snow block or a snow layer transforms the ability into one that uses snow.

Partially, I think, these changes would mostly be aesthetic in that abilities would be snow instead of water or ice for the sake of continuity - which is fine, because snow behaves differently than water or ice (can't see through it, can't walk through it, won't put out fire, etc.) which in and of itself brings new tactical options. If, and how certain moves change in functionality depending on source used is something that would have to be discussed separately.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That limits the control of a waterbender - logically he should be able to choose to extract the water from snow and attack or bend the snow directly and attack. But I have change my mind on one small thing: by default snow should be bent instead of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.