• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Bending fire back ?

Kelly

i just thought about what if you could bind combustion and fireshots back ??? It would be great to use this, i also thought to maybe add this to all the elements so it would feel more real. I know it is difficult but the result would be great

Switch

Verified Member
Hmm, good idea but it doesn't really seem cannon. You really think you would be able to repel combustion shots back. In the series you don't see Korra or Zuko bending back combustion shots
"Combustionbending is a form of telekinetic firebending.[23] It consists of the ability to channel chi through the forehead, often marked by an intricate third-eye tattoo, superheating the surrounding air and producing a beam of explosive energy capable of immense damage, both in short and long range. Unlike conventional firebending, which produces a flame from the body, the technique instead creates a powerful beam that explodes upon contact with a solid surface.[24] Combustionbending can instantaneously evaporate large bodies of water and counter fire attacks, as demonstrated by Combustion Man when he stopped Zuko's fire shield during a brief altercation at the Western Air Temple.[25] P'Li has also demonstrated that it is possible to curve the beams." - Avatar Wiki

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Bending combustion back would be non-atla ish. It ain't canon, but it ain't firebending-ish.

Combustion is just a blast/projectile, not a manipulat-ive-ion technique. If it were possible, than why Sparky Sparky Boom Man and P'li didn't counter their own lethal attacks?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Bending combustion back would be non-atla ish. It ain't canon, but it ain't firebending-ish.

Combustion is just a blast/projectile, not a manipulat-ive-ion technique. If it were possible, than why Sparky Sparky Boom Man and P'li didn't counter their own lethal attacks?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Combustion Man and P'Li were in different generations and the only KNOWN combustionbenders during their time. So they never could have showed us if it were possible to manipulate the blast. Considering P'Li could direct her combustion, I'd assume you CAN manipulate it. Combustion Man had a powerful, direct blast while P'Li had a controllable blast. Just like Korra can bend Spirit Energy in the avatar state, I think a combustion bender would be able to stop/curve an oncoming Combustion Beam.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Generations as nothing to do with what they can, but you're right on the last part: I had forgotten the fact that P'li did curve it around. Thought, I'm still feeeling against idea implanting it. Sounds way to OP and un-firebendesque

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You need two combustion benders to bend their own blast?
I figured the issue was over whether or not you could bend SOMEONE ELSES blast... But the "bend your own blast" topic is already solved. If P'Li can direct her blast, then it's obvious that she can bend it. Otherwise, she would not be able to direct it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
As you said, P'li could bend her combustion. How's that related with the timeline at all?
Did you edit the reply to be this? Oh well, I'll respond anyways. The timeline was about whether or not you could direct/manipulate someone elses blast. That's where the timeline comes in. Combustion Man and P'Li were not alive during the same times so they could not have fought each other.