• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Bending Burnout

Hero

Verified Member
Who likes spammers? I don't.....at all. It's super annoying have to fight a person who just spams moves like earthblast or maybe watermanipulation and even raiseearth. Whats the solution? Burnout.

What is burnout?
"Physical or mental collapse caused by overwork or stress." -Definition of Burnout.

How would this affect PK?
With burnout, anytime a move/moves are being spammed or used too often, the cooldown would increase. The increment would be subtle at first, but once they continue to spam a move over and over, the cooldown would be a lot more noticeable.

What would it look like?
Imagine spamming earthblast over and over and then you realized that you can't do it after often because your burnout levels are high. Or you did a powerful move, but realized that you can't do it again.

What would it affect?
It would affect all moves. The burnout level for each move would be different. So you won't get as tired from holding a shield, but you will get tired from constantly using one attack.

What would this fix?
It would fix the problem with spammers for one.
It would also keep server owners from having to adjust the config to make players happy.
It would keep users from constantly using powerful attacks such as lightning.
And overall make fighting much more strategic and more interesting in the long run.

How long would a burnout level last?
Depending on what move you are talking about, it can last from a few seconds to 10 seconds.

How is this canon?
The term itself isn't canon, but whenever you see people fighting on the show, you don't often see them using the same move before switching to another and after a big attack, (for example, Lightning) not only do they slow do just a little bit, but they don't use it again for quite awhile unless certain conditions.

What certain "conditions"?
Events such as the full moon would lower burnout levels. It wouldn't completely get rid of them, but it would negate them for the long run.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I feel like it might be difficulty to fully integrate a burn-out system such as this. I think some moves, mainly high damage/power moves should have burnout, but normal moves not really.

promancer

Verified Member
Ok, but this shouldn't affect slow moves with already large cooldowns. I feel it would get annoying quickly.

promancer

Verified Member
And wasn't this already discussed? Anyway, why wouldn't this effect all the moves, it doesn't really make much sense. This seems like a way for you to bypass already set configs that aren't editable through updates on servers. The move was set to be spammable by whatever server owner. I do believe the moves are set to not be ridiculously spammable by default. There's a reason there's a config, use it.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Ok, but this shouldn't affect slow moves with already large cooldowns. I feel it would get annoying quickly.
Though, it is not always the case, as any server can have cooldowns set to be different from the default, meaning it can be different. Well, actually, where would this "burn out" exist under the config? Will it be a boolean option put below every ability or just in a general-area where it would have an affect to every element with the abilities that have cooldowns of 4 seconds or lower? Probably the latter set-up would be more suitable and user-friendly, as it would be less tedious/time-consuming while configurating it.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Though, it is not always the case, as any server can have cooldowns set to be different from the default, meaning it can be different. Well, actually, where would this "burn out" exist under the config? Will it be a boolean option put below every ability or just in a general-area where it would have an affect to every element with the abilities that have cooldowns of 4 seconds or lower? Probably the latter set-up would be more suitable and user-friendly, as it would be less tedious/time-consuming while configurating it.
Here we go again with the 1 year old threads

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And "assuming" is all just that - an assumption. Ask people If they're interest to apply for that rank, and you might be suprise If it happens to not met your expection of there being people to be interested and fit in that category.

Loony

Verified Member
And "assuming" is all just that - an assumption. Ask people If they're interest to apply for that rank, and you might be suprise If it happens to not met your expection of there being people to be interested and fit in that category.
I've already done recruitment and can see how many Dev applicants we get lol, I'm not assuming