• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, so I'd like to be clear on all the abilities, please tell me if there are any more that I left out:
-Four Elements (AvatarState)-
ElementalSphere
ElementalBlast
ElementalTornado

-Two Elements-
MudSlap (Earth/Water)
FlameGust (Fire/Air)
FrostTornado(Water/Air)

That only thing is that I don't think two tornado abilities should be in the combo (despite how much I admire and appreciate both) so that the abilities have diversity, and also, we shouldn't have any more than probably 1 more AvatarCombo ability for suggestion; the avatar may be far more capable in terms of bending, but there's no need for them to have many more combo abilities than the others.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I still think it should automatically bind those four in case they want to use it. And then it would automatically rebind the previously bound moves back into their assigned slots.
I wonder how tedious that might be to code, it might not be bad, but it seems like it might. :/

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, I had an idea I think could sort this problem out without comprising abilities too much:

I would like to take @White_Knight28's idea of ElementalSphere and @finnbon's idea of ElementalTornado and merge them. I would like to suggest making them alternate functions of the same ability. If any of you recall, you thought ElementalTornado would work better as a cage surrounding the player than as a regular tornado. Also, with recent developments, two tornado abilities wouldn't really be acceptable and I think FrostTornado works just the way it is.

I think that ElementalTornado and ElementalSphere could both become ElementalSphere and ElmentalTornado would like like ElementalSphere but cast on a target rather than themselves, which would then proceed to function as ElementalTornado would in terms of damaging.

The formula variations would be so:
- To use it on oneself: AirShield (tap sneak) > FireBlast (tap sneak) > EarthBlast ( left click *at the source* + tap sneak) > Watermanipulation (left-click *at the source* + hold sneak).

-To use at a target: AirShield (tap sneak) > FireBlast (tap sneak) > EarthBlast (left-click *at the source* + tap sneak) > WaterManipulation (left-click *at the source* + left-click *at the target*).

When used on oneself it will take a couple of seconds to fully form: it will start off as a simple airshield effect, then the other elements will appear (I think at the same time to prevent the ability lagging and dragging on). The avatar must stay in one place for the ability to form, if they moved or are moved from where they stand the ability will dissipate. This would serve as a way to balance it out a bit.

To use it at a target the avatar must left-click directly at them for the ability to take effect (as AirShield at first): it would take a couple of seconds to form around them, during this time, if they gain enough distance the effects will dissipate; if they do not then the other elements will take form around them and then they will disappear while the victim receives high damage and knock back (an explosion sound effect might be nice when that happens). I way to further understand that alternating function is to compare them to those of EarthGrab.

This is a way I personally see it all working out, if any of you have any qualms or what you feel are better suggestions please say. I'd like this to work for all of us.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I still think it should automatically bind those four in case they want to use it. And then it would automatically rebind the previously bound moves back into their assigned slots.
I remembered that this would not be necessary. In order to firstly activate this ability those four moves would need to be bound, so they would already be there to use after activation.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Okay, I had an idea I think could sort this problem out without comprising abilities too much:

I would like to take @White_Knight28's idea of ElementalSphere and @finnbon's idea of ElementalTornado and merge them. I would like to suggest making them alternate functions of the same ability. If any of you recall, you thought ElementalTornado would work better as a cage surrounding the player than as a regular tornado. Also, with recent developments, two tornado abilities wouldn't really be acceptable and I think FrostTornado works just the way it is.

I think that ElementalTornado and ElementalSphere could both become ElementalSphere and ElmentalTornado would like like ElementalSphere but cast on a target rather than themselves, which would then proceed to function as ElementalTornado would in terms of damaging.

The formula variations would be so:
- To use it on oneself: AirShield (tap sneak) > FireBlast (tap sneak) > EarthBlast ( left click *at the source* + tap sneak) > Watermanipulation (left-click *at the source* + hold sneak).

-To use at a target: AirShield (tap sneak) > FireBlast (tap sneak) > EarthBlast (left-click *at the source* + tap sneak) > WaterManipulation (left-click *at the source* + left-click *at the target*).

When used on oneself it will take a couple of seconds to fully form: it will start off as a simple airshield effect, then the other elements will appear (I think at the same time to prevent the ability lagging and dragging on). The avatar must stay in one place for the ability to form, if they moved or are moved from where they stand the ability will dissipate. This would serve as a way to balance it out a bit.

To use it at a target the avatar must left-click directly at them for the ability to take effect (as AirShield at first): it would take a couple of seconds to form around them, during this time, if they gain enough distance the effects will dissipate; if they do not then the other elements will take form around them and then they will disappear while the victim receives high damage and knock back (an explosion sound effect might be nice when that happens). I way to further understand that alternating function is to compare them to those of EarthGrab.

This is a way I personally see it all working out, if any of you have any qualms or what you feel are better suggestions please say. I'd like this to work for all of us.
Add in that the user needs to be in the avatarstate.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'll change the elemental tornado suggestion. I'll see if I can come up with something else ;)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
PENDING REVIEW!
EDIT: 2 of my other suggestions got "pending review" and I hope they are selected. To check them out here are the links.
Lava Wall: Clicky
Metal Control/Armor Bending: Clicky

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
Tnx! Most ppl don't think I'm creative so it's nice to hear you think so;)
Of course you're creative, look at all the ideas you've come up with. You have been a help to the community if you ask me; you have given great, innovative suggestions. You offer sensible input, you possess reliable knowledge of the series. I've found you great so far. You have contributed well to this idea and contributed many others. :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Of course you're creative, look at all the ideas you've come up with. You have been a help to the community if you ask me; you have given great, innovative suggestions. You offer sensible input, you possess reliable knowledge of the series. I've found you great so far. You have contributed well to this idea and contributed many others. :)
TNX:D I really appreciate that ;3

Could you add links to my avatar combos so ppl know what it is?:3

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well the separate threads for ElementalSphere and FrostTornado have been denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.