• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Name: BreathBurn
Element: fire/breath
How used: [l-click] (suffocate) > [hold shift] heatcontrol
Description: this combo focuses on the opponents breath, and then makes it scorching hot around their mouth/nose so that they can't breath, and this would act like hot sauce in cartoons, setting the victim on fire until they have escaped the range of the move. Doesn't work if the target is standing water obviously. This would also take down their hunger bar indicating that they need to drink or eat. This is so because when the breath becomes scorching hot, it dries up any moisture really fast. This would cause the target to become somewhat dehydrated, and the best way to show it is by taking down some hunger.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Got a suggestion for it? This was the best I could come up with for this move.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As far as I know, I never seen or heard firebenders being able to create fire remotely. They Pretty much can create fire no far than 3 inches away from their hands and feet. So the player will have to be up close to the player to start heating their breath or burning it with the actual fire.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I don't like it... It seems like a forced fusion of two moves.
As far as I know, I never seen or heard firebenders being able to create fire remotely. They Pretty much can create fire no far than 3 inches away from their hands and feet. So the player will have to be up close to the player to start heating their breath or burning it with the actual fire.
Agree.
Also, if the Avatar is just heating the breath of the opponent, only Firebending is being used (?).

Hero

Verified Member
Im kind of iffy on this suggestion. The idea of "burning" someones breath to the point where they are "dehydrated" is more of a saliva problem than a heat problem. And the idea of making a persons breath burning is just stupid. If you have the power to heat the air around you (which is basically combustion-bending), just make them "ignite" or make the air around them explode. I know this is looking into, but this really doesn't make much sense. Since this is technically a combustion thing, it's technically a normal ability, not an avatar ability.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Indeed, @Hero. Exploding is more potential and effective than heating up the player's breath. Even with that, it's worthless in coding it, because combustion offers the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.