• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [Avatar] Two Major Changes must be done, that most of you might not like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Problems:
  1. All 4 elements + chi blocking = f*@k that! There's a reason why non-avatar can't be benders and a chi blocker at the same -- balance. Just read that linked thread, so you'll get my points without needing to repeat them from there to here. "Well, how about being a waterbender AND a firebender? How's that balanced?" ~ Because they mess well together? While [insert bending] + chi blocking doesn't. Fireblasting in front of your face and rapidpunch, while being in a very close punching range == *rage quit*. Don't even get me started with paralyze *shiverrs*
  2. The One, the most horrible donation form I have ever seen in bending history... *drumrolllllllll* - anyone can be become avatar! or should I say, as many people as there can be. People for some reason like to give away the avatar permissions to 4 or 5 people... Like, wtf? You lost me there. What's the point of giving it to several certain individuals, when IMO it's suppose to be a unique thing. When I say unique, I mean it should be like "unlike anything else", meaning there should be only one avatar per server. With this kind of standard, It's pretty much like allowing any waterbender to donate certain about of money, just to get access to the Combustion ability. Please-- there are better content to set up for a donation, than this kind of a "special" ability, that is suppose to be "special"!
Solution/Suggestion:
  1. Add a restriction, (preferably that it cannot be overpassed by customization), for Avatars, so that they cannot use /b add chi command.
  2. Add a restriction so that one player can be the avatar per server. (At least restrict the avatarstate like so).

I hope you agree with me and start considering putting this for development. Especally the last one. I have also seen that there were like 3 bending servers that had this to ALL players. EVERYone in those servers can be an avatar. /b add was a free command, without paying anyone could use (even I did <.<). I hope this madness ends.

Matt

Verified Member
Why would we do this? Some people don't own "serious" servers and just like to screw around with their friends in Avatarstate with all abilities. Not only that but I could see some servers wanting multiple avatars or the avatar having chiblocking.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Why would we do this? Some people don't own "serious" servers and just like to screw around with their friends in Avatarstate with all abilities. Not only that but I could see some servers wanting multiple avatars or the avatar having chiblocking.
Look at this: http://projectkorra.com/threads/anybody-can-be-ty-lee.2354/ So Idk, you tell me why Did you decide not to do it?

Do you see the comparison? Yeah. The "Why" is now invalid cuz that's denied. All now there's left to do is to remove it from the avatar.

"I think the reason PK is like this for chiblocking is for balancing reasons because if everyone can learn chiblocking, then people would just paralyze then spam whatever move." -Hero

"Although yes, Chiblocking is a martial art and theoretically anybody could learn it, it would be unbalanced if everyone could learn it and that I don't feel that it's a feature that people would admire, denied." -Loony

With that reason ^, why should avatar have one? Avatars are no different, because they weild bending arts too (the actual difference being, they hold one than more).

Matt

Verified Member
Not all servers should have to follow set (hardcoded) rules within the plugin, one feature of projectkorra is the customizability.

Loony

Verified Member
Problems:
  1. All 4 elements + chi blocking = f*@k that! There's a reason why non-avatar can't be benders and a chi blocker at the same -- balance. Just read that linked thread, so you'll get my points without needing to repeat them from there to here. "Well, how about being a waterbender AND a firebender? How's that balanced?" ~ Because they mess well together? While [insert bending] + chi blocking doesn't. Fireblasting in front of your face and rapidpunch, while being in a very close punching range == *rage quit*. Don't even get me started with paralyze *shiverrs*
  2. The One, the most horrible donation form I have ever seen in bending history... *drumrolllllllll* - anyone can be become avatar! or should I say, as many people as there can be. People for some reason like to give away the avatar permissions to 4 or 5 people... Like, wtf? You lost me there. What's the point of giving it to several certain individuals, when IMO it's suppose to be a unique thing. When I say unique, I mean it should be like "unlike anything else", meaning there should be only one avatar per server. With this kind of standard, It's pretty much like allowing any waterbender to donate certain about of money, just to get access to the Combustion ability. Please-- there are better content to set up for a donation, than this kind of a "special" ability, that is suppose to be "special"!
Solution/Suggestion:
  1. Add a restriction, (preferably that it cannot be overpassed by customization), for Avatars, so that they cannot use /b add chi command.
  2. Add a restriction so that one player can be the avatar per server. (At least restrict the avatarstate like so).

I hope you agree with me and start considering putting this for development. Especally the last one. I have also seen that there were like 3 bending servers that had this to ALL players. EVERYone in those servers can be an avatar. /b add was a free command, without paying anyone could use (even I did <.<). I hope this madness ends.
Firstly, I'll start this off by saying all of the above suggestions are denied.
Secondly, when writing suggestions keep them formal, precise and on topic. We do not need profanity and sentences that sound like you're arguing with someone rather than submitting a concept. Your paragraphs are aggressive for no reason whatsoever.

However server owners chose to distribute elements and chiblocking is up to them, not us. The bending community and servers is a niche one, if we denied the ability to sell elements the majority of our bending servers would not survive at all. That's a major factor in itself, but on top of that, we would cause an outrage across the bending community because thousands of people who have donated for extra elements would now find themselves without them. I think that's the best suggestion if we're looking to kill the community and get the maximum amount of people angry at us at one time. Alongside this, people want to control more than one element. It's fun, it's apart of the plugin and we shouldn't take away that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.