• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Avatar Stuff

HydroMan

Verified Member
First and foremost, lets change the mechanic on how adding each element for the avatar works.
"The Avatar Cycle is based on the passage of the four seasons, which coincides with the order in which Wan first learned the elements; fire related to summer, air to autumn, water to winter, and earth to spring."

<...>

"The Avatar Cycle also determines the order in which each Avatar must learn the four bending disciplines. The nation into which the Avatar is born identifies the first element that is to be mastered, often prior to the bender being revealed as the Avatar. For instance, an Avatar born into the Water Tribes first learns waterbending, before attempting to master the three remaining bending disciplines in the order of the cycle; earthbending, firebending, and finally airbending." - Wiki
By that condition, lets implant it

Adding All The Elements:
By that condition, lets bring it to the plugin. First of all, as the avatar starts his/her lifestyle of a bender with the command /bending choose [element] (b ch [element] for sort) before attemting to add other ones, the element he opts first that one will be considered/indicated as his native one. After the selection of the first element, each element could then be added without any prevention, if chosen in order (Eg. If Bob is a native earthbender, he must than add each element in this sequence: fire, air, water. If he skips fire and tries add air or water as his bending element, it won't work until fire is added first. If he does add fire, he won't be able to add water until he does with air). If one of the elements that tried to be added and didn't work, because it didn't follow the order, this message could be displayed: "Adding [element]bending was unsuccesfull. First add ..., than ... and than finally ..". As you can see, when choosing as your first element, also called as the "native" one, from there it shows the cycle beginning and that element is skipped since it already assinged.

"Upon death, the Avatar Spirit causes the Avatar to reincarnate into the next nation, dictated by the cyclic order: fire, air, water, and earth." - Wiki
<...>

When an Avatar dies, the next Avatar will be born into the next nation in the Avatar Cycle. For example, Avatar Yangchen, an Air Nomad, was reincarnated as Avatar Kuruk from the Northern Water Tribe, followed by Avatar Kyoshi from theEarth Kingdom, and Avatar Roku from the Fire Nation. - Wiki
Same as adding all the elements, the next avatar (after the death of another one) in the cycle will be a random person, who holds the bending element following the past avatar's (before him) element that goes by the cyclic order. (Eg. Bob became the avatar, before him existed The Avatar Jimmy, who was a native waterbender. After Jimmy's death, a new avatar was chosen which by the order the next one supposed to be picked an earthbender. Since there were 3 earthbenders at that time (onlined), which one of them was randomly picked and that was Bob.)

Config Options:
AvatarCycleFollowedByTheOrder - true {if set true, each avatar in the cycle will be chosen by the element order it follows}
AvatarElementMasteringFollowedByOrder - true {if set true, an avatar must follow the element order when adding each element, if trying to assign each element at one attempt

Just know that this goes to the RPG plugin, as what I requested in this suggestion shouldn't be applied to the Core.

Disregarding the Element Cycle:
Another idea came to me to apply for the avatar, except that this hasn't anything to do with the avatarcycle and the bending cycle in general, but I don't feel suggesting it on another post :p. Anyway, I came up with this idea to make bender bend any element during avatarstate, even those who he doesn't possess. Like lets say a random avatar can bend only air or like a few except water, When his in avatarstate, he can bind an ability that is from waterbending and still use although not being an waterbender (ofcourse, he still needs to have permission to waterbender). This was shown in an episode how Aang entered avatarstate for the first time ever, before he knew/was taught how to waterbend, managed to make a powerfull torrent, flushing all the enemies from the ship. This could also have an config option whenever the owner wants this feature to be put in (AllowToBendUnbendableElementsDuringAvatarState (don't know how to shorten this :'p) )

Also I almost forgot to mention, that if the avatar cycle breaks (avatar dies while in AS), it will be reseted and a random bender will be assigned to be the new avatar in the new avatar cycle.

That is all. :p

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
While Adding All The Elements feature won't change much in the game, but it would a nice little element (pun not intented!) for the plugin to be added. :)

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I know you're eager, but this is really showing hydro. :p Anyways, I like the idea- I just think it would take time to make that, and update core moves, whilst fixing bugs. I'm sure it could get done none the less.