• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Arch's Essay

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I gave you my reasoning, you don't have to agree with it, its not an issue either.

Air spout and Waterspout were both displayed in the show, Phase change and Heat control as well, Fire burst, Air burst, Shock wave, Torrent Wave is not really canon, but that's Orion's code not ours I believe.
Well that was my response on why the ice being a spin-off alone isn't a legit reason ignore, by reminded those abilities from your listed.

Oh and bursts/wave/torrent are canon. Except Torrent Wave isn't well exactly portrayed. Shockwave was done by toph and aang in the royal palace/kingdome, Korra to equalists after escaping the metal stall, and Toph even in her old age (btw how could would it be if granny Katara go bend-to-bend fight with her?). Can't recal fireburst, but Meloo did it to fend off the equalists.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well that was my response on why the ice being a spin-off alone isn't a legit reason ignore, by reminded those abilities from your listed.

Oh and bursts/wave/torrent are canon. Except Torrent Wave isn't well exactly portrayed. Shockwave was done by toph and aang in the royal palace/kingdome, Korra to equalists after escaping the metal stall, and Toph even in her old age (btw how could would it be if granny Katara go bend-to-bend fight with her?). Can't recal fireburst, but Meloo did it to fend off the equalists.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Not talking about Airburst, shockwave, or fireburst, just torrent wave when I said that.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No, that's what you're punctuation implies:

"Phase change and Heat control as well, Fire burst, Air burst, Shock wave, Torrent Wave is not really canon, but that's Orion's code not ours I believe."

the "as well" as an end part implies that everything after it is not canon. Idk if that's the weird side of the english language, but it would been cleared if you said "Phasechange, Heatcontrol, (as well as) Fire Burst, AirBurst, Shockwave, Torrent Wave".

You can correct me If I'm uneducated and wrong xD

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, that's what you're punctuation implies:

"Phase change and Heat control as well, Fire burst, Air burst, Shock wave, Torrent Wave is not really canon, but that's Orion's code not ours I believe."

the "as well" as an end part implies that everything after it is not canon. Idk if that's the weird side of the english language, but it would been cleared if you said "Phasechange, Heatcontrol, (as well as) Fire Burst, AirBurst, Shockwave, Torrent Wave".

You can correct me If I'm uneducated and wrong xD
Well then, You are wrong. XD

If I were to be talking about all objects in that list, I would have conjugated "to be" in the Plural form of They which is "are" I used is, implying the subject is singular, and if you were to look at the subject right before it, you would see that the verb is acting upon Torrent Wave, not the other objects in the list.

I used as well in a replacement for also, not as the continuation of a list.
"Can you get me some chicken from the grocery shop?"
"Oh and some milk as well"

As well as includes the subjects that follow into my previous statement.

I was simply listing your examples, when i said Fireburst, Shockwave, Airburst. Torrent wave was the only one i made a comment on and that was for a good reason.

There is your english lesson for the day.