• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Aquatic Update & Waterbending

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
With 1.13 version coming its way to vanilla minecraft, a see a lot of possibilities integrating features that involve waterbending well. Such as.

New Water Physics
  • Allowing water to be bend from and through iron bars, wooden fences, stone walls, glass panes (If positioned straight and semi-obscured).
    • Opens up possibilities for builders to build let's say a grate on the ground with water just below iron bar floor in arena or claimed-settled area for the disposal for utilization of water bending.
Fish Mobs
  • This throws me back to season 1 of the very first episode of TLA and when waterbending was displayed for the very first time: Katara, still a noob at waterbending, tried and successfully attempted to capture a fish with her bending abilities.
    • A technique could be implemented for watermanipulation, where using in reverse allows to capture a wish and encompass it in a shape ball of water which allows telekinetically to be moved around by the bender.
Underwater Plants
  1. Not that it would make of a difference in gameplay (as there's plenty of bendable source where it's located), but it would add nice touch If it were added to the functional list as of a waterbendable plant source.
Ink Particles
  • Since squids can now release ink (in a form of new particle type), this addition could be taken in advantage for incorporating ink sac to function similar to bottlebending (with a difference of item running out disappearing after one used) when a waterbender uses the said item as a source for their waterbending and those particles would be bent instead based on that criteria rather than the typical liquid.
Bubble Columns
  • Perhaps incorporated into a maelstrom alike ability or somewhere else for waterbending.
So these are my thoughts. I haven't found and thought of a mechanic of these updates that could help in any way for other bending styles, as everything generic exists for everyone and anyone to use in vanilla gameplay. Besides the update, I wish chi blockers could swim a bit faster underwater thought obviously less dominate than of waterbender in that field (seems off that chi-blockers dedicated their life to have prowess in physical situations on land, but never thought of developing any skill in water) or have earthbender thrown rocks and boulders not get disintegrated upon contact with water for no reason (that's not how physics work). Anyway, share your thoughts and ideas under the thread in the comment section as always.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Ink Particles
  • Since squids can now release ink (in a form of new particle type),
Does anyone know what these particles will act like outside of water? I assume that in water they would flow outward to create a large ink screen, shielding the squid. But outside of the water I wonder if it would respect gravity sort of like the sand and blockbreak particles do. If so, that would make it harder to manipulate in bending.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I hope for the best it's possible to use it outside. Despite that, regarding vanilla minecraft in general this is one of my best and favorite updates out of all the others. Refine water mechanics? Real fish in water? Swimming player? I L-O-V-E it. I always thrive on those things in the game before the update.