• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Anyone else having memory leaks/lag?

Verified Member
Hey guys,
Running PK core 1.7.0 final, I've had issues with the server lagging immensely every time we reach 2-3 hours of uptime. When I restart, the server is perfectly fine until it reaches that amount of uptime. My theory is that the java garbage collector is running too much, trying to keep up with PK throwing garbage.

Anyone else having issues like these?

Preston M

Verified Member
Once again, Software doesnt lag itself, if you have enough memory allocated to its performance it will run as it is told to, is it lagging without PK? Also are you wired into the internet or running through a router?

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
Once again, Software lag itself, if you have enough memory allocated to its performance it will run as it is told to, is it lagging without PK? Also are you wired into the internet or running through a router?
And once again, I've tried to remove PK for a 1 day and I had like 0 lag.

Preston M

Verified Member
We have no packet loss, and the network is fine. Please stop posting random things that are not the cause.
Your incoherent inability to actually answer my question near confirms you up speed is causing packet loss, please post specs of router and/or modem. And the average up speed.

Keep in mind you are complaining about lag; lag is a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server. Although lag may be caused by high latency, it may also occur due to insufficient processing power in the client.

So its illogical to assume its the program its self is lag, instead it would be considered lag inducing which means your hardware is not proficient.

Verified Member
Your incoherent inability to actually answer my question near confirms you up speed is causing packet loss, please post specs of router and/or modem. And the average up speed.
What the heck... please stop. We're hosted on a dedicated line which is in a datacenter that has some of the best routes, not some home connection. Please, stop. I'm done arguing with you about networking, which you obviously do not know anything about.

Preston M

Verified Member
What the heck... please stop. We're hosted on a dedicated line which is in a datacenter that has some of the best routes, not some home connection. Please, stop. I'm done arguing with you about networking, which you obviously do not know anything about.
I currently hold a CCIE, i know what im talking about, please refrain from complaining when you obviously dont have your specs, you are like an elderly person telling everyone "I cant read the small text, the screen must be broken" when in truth you just dont understand zoom functions.

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member

Keep in mind you are complaining about lag; lag is a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server. Although lag may be caused by high latency, it may also occur due to insufficient processing power in the client.

So its illogical to assume its the program its self is lag, instead it would be considered lag inducing which means your hardware is not proficient.
Dude are you going to give us a good answer? or if you don't know just don't post things are not even irrelevant with the subject, I've tested everything to come here or do you think I am someone that doesn't knows about java, this happens to all players, random chat and world lag.

Verified Member
I currently hold a CCIE, i know what im talking about, please refrain from complaining when you obviously dont have your specs, you are like an elderly person telling everyone "I cant read the small text, the screen must be broken" when in truth you just dont understand zoom functions.
I know my specs, here they are. I never said I don't know them, so don't jump to conclusions.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230v3
Memory: 16GB DDR3

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In fact, he’s my friend, a 13 year old boy. It’s not the server’s fault, said lag issues are PK’s fault. Also has been confirmed.

Preston M

Verified Member
Dude are you going to give us a good answer? or if you don't know just don't post things are not even irrelevant with the subject, I've tested everything to come here or do you think I am someone that doesn't knows about java, this happens to all players, random chat and world lag.
I will be able to provide you with an accurate solution when you provide me with what ive asked for. Also I hold a java certification. i have had it for 3 years, so yea... If its all users it may be a network issue.