• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Anybody can be Ty Lee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Yeaaaaahhh... chiblocking is a martial art, anyone could learn it. Chiblockers aren't special, they're just folks who learnt a martial art. Also, I edited both your posts to omit advertisement, don't do that again.
Chiblocking is a martial art, but they couldnt paralyze anyone. Only Ty Lee so far should paralyze people.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Yeaaaaahhh... chiblocking is a martial art, anyone could learn it. Chiblockers aren't special, they're just folks who learnt a martial art. Also, I edited both your posts to omit advertisement, don't do that again.
Please remove the server name in my quote in your post as well. It's still there. The first server I said Is dead, so I assumed it wouldn't count as advertising. I have no excuse for the second one. I should have been more unspecific when replying to Janny when he mentioned the server name.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Chi-blocking is a martial arts style that doesn't need any sort of natural born power like airbending, waterbending, earthbending, and firebending. Then proves that anyone can learn chi-blocking with the right training. So in Project Korra RPG, there should be a system that lets you self-train yourself or train others chi-blocking! Example: Ty Lee was born a non-bending child. So she learned the ways of chi-blocking without needing to have the gift from birth! Just to make the RPG plugin a bit more realistic to the show :D.
So uh, there's this great command called /bending add

Janny

Verified Member
Let me give more proof: In one of the episodes of season one of the Legend of Korra, you can see a Chi-blocker Training Camp. Meaning that people aren't born with chi-blocking, they have to learn it and or train themselves to be able to chi-block.

More proof: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Chi_blocker_training_camp "The chi blocker camp was a secret Equalist facility used for instructing nonbenders in the art of chi blocking that was hidden in a cellar underneath a bookstore in the Dragon Flats borough. Following its discovery, it was invaded by Councilman Tarrlok, Korra, and the remainder of Tarrlok's task force. Several people who had been participating in Equalist activities at the time were captured by the task force and arrested." Just because it says "non-benders" doesn't mean benders cant do it. What? So because you had an element your body says no when you try to master chi-blocking? I don't think so.

Hero

Verified Member
Let me give more proof: In one of the episodes of season one of the Legend of Korra, you can see a Chi-blocker Training Camp. Meaning that people aren't born with chi-blocking, they have to learn it and or train themselves to be able to chi-block.

More proof: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Chi_blocker_training_camp "The chi blocker camp was a secret Equalist facility used for instructing nonbenders in the art of chi blocking that was hidden in a cellar underneath a bookstore in the Dragon Flats borough. Following its discovery, it was invaded by Councilman Tarrlok, Korra, and the remainder of Tarrlok's task force. Several people who had been participating in Equalist activities at the time were captured by the task force and arrested." Just because it says "non-benders" doesn't mean benders cant do it. What? So because you had an element your body says no when you try to master chi-blocking? I don't think so.
I think the reason PK is like this for chiblocking is for balancing reasons because if everyone can learn chiblocking, then people would just paralyze then spam whatever move.
PS: The Equalist cant paralyze people. They can only strike people down.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I dont think you have read my replies, In ATLA, an admin didn't give Ty Lee chi-blocking, in LoK, an admin didn't give Amon and the Equalists chi-blocking.
In TLA an admin didn't give an avatar all four elements, yet we do it here.
You can easily make a commandsign that gives someone the chiblocking skill - which could be located in a dojo etc.

Hero

Verified Member
I dont think you have read my replies, In ATLA, an admin didn't give Ty Lee chi-blocking, in LoK, an admin didn't give Amon and the Equalists chi-blocking.
Correction. An admin didnt give them chiblocking skills....not paralyzing techniques...

Status
Not open for further replies.