• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Am I the only one who doesnt like wall of fire!?

Do you like Wall of Fire

• Total voters

Hero

Verified Member
Dont get me wrong, I generally dislike firebenders not because of their OP nature or because of their OP multi-tasking.....OP!

Anyways, Wall of Fire is just weird, it can burn/dmg. people in water, firebenders nowadays are freezing people in ice then do firewall. You can not pass though a FIRE wall....FIRE!

Want do I want? I just want the firewall to have fire "blocks" at the bottem and no longer have angles. Also for it not to go through ice and water blocks (If it does go through ice blocks, it should melt the ice). And last, you can go through the FIRE wall.​

dookoo782

Verified Member
Hay, Fire is my main element. On the server that I played on(it's going in development again), I was the strongest firebender around, I could take on multiple players with fire with ease(I split up my opponents and kill them 1v1 quickly, secret revealed :p). I have to admit that WallOfFire is extremely strong. I believe it was supposed to be some sort of defensive ability but instead I use WallOfFire extremely offensively and by using it at the right angles, I can even kill earthbenders who EarthGrab themselves to try to protect them self with WallOfFire at these angles.

Anyway, enough about me bragging. xD

If you take away WallOfFire, then in my opinion, Fire becomes extremely weak. Fire can block barely anything! The way I win my fights with fire is, I snake around with FireJet + JetBlast and dodge some abilities on-foot, then while I'm almost un-targetable, I constantly pressure my opponent with attacks (I like to mix up the attacks by the way, I'm not that spammy guy). WallOfFire is one of these key attacks.

To fix the overwhelming strength of WallOfFire, we could reduce the default-size and completely change it to a defensive ability that is a big wall that blocks pretty much everything.

Hero

Verified Member
Hay, Fire is my main element. On the server that I played on(it's going in development again), I was the strongest firebender around, I could take on multiple players with fire with ease(I split up my opponents and kill them 1v1 quickly, secret revealed :p). I have to admit that WallOfFire is extremely strong. I believe it was supposed to be some sort of defensive ability but instead I use WallOfFire extremely offensively and by using it at the right angles, I can even kill earthbenders who EarthGrab themselves to try to protect them self with WallOfFire at these angles.

If you take away WallOfFire, then in my opinion, Fire becomes extremely weak. Fire can block barely anything! The way I win my fights with fire is, I snake around with FireJet + JetBlast and dodge some abilities on-foot, then while I'm almost un-targetable, I constantly pressure my opponent with attacks (I like to mix up the attacks by the way, I'm not that spammy guy). WallOfFire is one of these key attacks.

To fix the overwhelming strength of WallOfFire, we could reduce the default-size and completely change it to a defensive ability that is a big wall that blocks pretty much everything.
I wasnt suggesting getting rid of wall of fire.....I would love that tho...
I was suggesting making it a defensive move but you can walk through it and it only goes up.... not a right angle....

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
If you can walk through it what would be the point of it as a defensive move?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Okay even though it's made of fire you couldn't just walk through it. Why do you think a fireblast actually HITS you, not just warm you up when it hits you. Besides, removing the impassible aspect of it just makes it an inferior version of fire shield, and be be achieved by blaze and or fireblast.

Sketz

Verified Member

Hmm... c:

HydroMan

Verified Member
It would be ok if you could walk throught ,but i suggest to add atleast slowness to the person who is walking pass throught a very short effect ,as so it would look that fire has resistance to the person going through it

owlcool

Verified Member
If this was added, then I would recommend just combining the already defensive fireshield with a less offensive walloffire. Still against it though, since I am a firebender. Would you like Earthbenders to lose the move Shockwave? How about waterbenders losing the move swiftswim? Or maybe airbenders lose Tornado? These are the degrees we are debuffing firebending in my Perspective.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member

Watch that video, around 0:27 in, you'll see some fire smacking into them. So the argument of "People can walk through fire" isn't really a valid one here seeing how fire is ramming into them.

Hero

Verified Member

Watch that video, around 0:27 in, you'll see some fire smacking into them. So the argument of "People can walk through fire" isn't really a valid one here seeing how fire is ramming into them.
Welp, you cant go through fire now lol, I still think the others points are valid.