• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete AirSwipe needs to be changed!

- What should AirSwipe be changed into?

• - Only block other incoming AirSwipes (AirSwipe goes on, but does get blocked by other AirSwipe)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

runefist

Verified Member
Hey fellow benders!

I don't bend that often but when I do, airswipe is the only single bending that I think is unballanced (I am not saying [Air] is overpowered, but this bending specific is too strong)

Why is it unballanced?!
Well you do not need a source,
you don't have to aim perfect,
you can spam it,
it block incoming damage blasts and even goes on after doing this!

Well simply said that I hope it makes it a bit clear why I think it is OP.

I, think we could better change airswipe to:
- Only block other incoming AirSwipes (AirSwipe goes on, but does get blocked by other AirSwipe)
OR
- Block nothing (airswipe goes on)
The first one since it is air, the blast isn't that powerfull like an airblast is (in my opinion airblast should block incoming blasts).
The second one since that makes air vs air not dumb.

My suggestion myself is:
AirSwipe no longer blocks anything and goes on, and AirBlast does block incoming blasts.
This will make AirBlast also a "Deffencive" move.

Well thanks for reading!
Kind regards,
Runefist

Chen

Verified Member
I believe they are all meant to cancel eachother out (WaterManip, EarthBlast, FireBlast, AirSwipe)

Last edited:

runefist

Verified Member
I believe they are all meant to cancel eachother out (WaterManip, EarthBlast, FireBlast, AirSwipe) And AirSwipe does follow through, but it performs knockback not any damage, personally I think it's fine.
That is the problem I have with AirSwipe xD, AirSwipe does not get cancelled when it cancels something else out.

Chen

Verified Member
I agree that the width is op, also I think it could be good if it get's cancelled out along with the other main attacking abilities.

Last edited:

ashe36

Verified Member
I'd prefer airswipe to be stopped by another element, but airblast can deflect and block other moves. Maybe if a fireblast went through airswipe the fireblast broke through that specific area?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I think Air swipe is perfectly fine as it is. If had a damage like water manipulation or earth blast, then it would be OP. Think about it, it's air's ONLY directly damaging move, and even then, it barely does any damage. Downgrading it would make it so bad it would be more effective to just use air suction and punch them to death.

Migsel

Verified Member
During the fight there was a part when Zaheer was attacking Tenzin and Tenzin kinda just negated the moves with his bending. I think when airswipes hit each other then they should just not do anything after impact.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
As of 1.4.0 BETA 8, the AirSwipe should stop when it hits another blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.