• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirSpout addons

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
Hey guys i was just wondering for a bit if you could add airspout some more utility besides flying. I was thinking if airspout could work as a slight offence ability as well because in the show, airspout would create some air around it by its violent vortex and would fling foes back if they get really close to it. As shown by Tenzin fighting the equalists trying to abduct him. AirSpout should fling foes or push them back if they get close by the swirling vortex of air (the spout). I know this sounds crazy, but i'm sure it would be configurable!. (knockback, range of the vortex, radius.) ALL would be configurable. Lemme show a video of what i mean.
watch the whole thing or skip to 27 seconds. Thanks for understanding guys! :p

xoxo- Waterfan99

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Airshield + Airspout, with the airshield located at the bottom of the spout?

paliate

Verified Member
How about a sortof airburst thing at the bottom of the spout (like when you airblast / fall from a tall height and it goes everywhere when you land)

It might look a tad bit more realistic then a bubbble at the bottom of a spout xD.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
How about a sortof airburst thing at the bottom of the spout (like when you airblast / fall from a tall height and it goes everywhere when you land)

It might look a tad bit more realistic then a bubbble at the bottom of a spout xD.
So what your saying is... you want a constant burst of air o-e. op

paliate

Verified Member
Well it makes sense, especially if your goal is to addon to the move to make it more realistic.

paliate

Verified Member
maybe the burst holds instead of just popping out and out over and over.
maybe in a swirl motion?

paliate

Verified Member
I think it'd be something to give the benders a bit more of a use for airspout, since now its only good for water fights.

So yes, i do.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
I think it'd be something to give the benders a bit more of a use for airspout, since now its only good for water fights.

So yes, i do.
I think if it was added it would affect fire/earth benders because what if he tries to catapult and then shockwave? if you airspout he will he thrown before he hits the ground. and if a firebender jets around your spout he will be thrown back, and that could cause them missing a bunch of times for differ moves! :p

Kwesi

Verified Member
When I think of this feature in my head I envision the regular AirSpout with a swirling helix of air just outside of it. I don't see this ability picking them up into the air unless it's minor (I know that wasn't specifically mentioned), but it would definitely throw them back. It's not as potent as Tornado in my head though. Bottom line, this ability seem feasible, logical and practical to a reasonable extent. Whether or not it'll be implemented is another thing, but it could be a nice touch.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
When I think of this feature in my head I envision the regular AirSpout with a swirling helix of air just outside of it. I don't see this ability picking them up into the air unless it's minor (I know that wasn't specifically mentioned), but it would definitely throw them back. It's not as potent as Tornado in my head though. Bottom line, this ability seem feasible, logical and practical to a reasonable extent. Whether or not it'll be implemented is another thing, but it could be a nice touch.
thanks! :p.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I have too many suggestions out there to hope for all of them :p but this is a good suggestion.

Kiam

Verified Member
this is a good suggestion to change a current move. It also would be very realistic to the show. As it is shown, airspout requires a swirling vortex of air which would throw mobs/players back if they tried to run into it.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
this is a good suggestion to change a current move. It also would be very realistic to the show. As it is shown, airspout requires a swirling vortex of air which would throw mobs/players back if they tried to run into it.
I hope other staff members will like this suggestion! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.