• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirSphere

Would you like to see this in Project Korra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vidant829

Verified Member
Concept: In Avatar the Last Air Bender and Legend of Korra, Air Benders are frequently seen using air to interact with the world around them. A technique mainly used to achieve this is by bending the air in front of or around them to cause it to spiral in a circular motion creating a wind that surrounds whatever it was wrapped around, nothing, object, person or even themselves; effectively taking the shape of a sphere and levitating the content within it. With this an Air Bender using the technique is able to control the sphere and whatever is inside it allowing them to throw, pull, trap or even protect the content within the sphere. That as well as using it as a way to mimic flight when done on themselves and slow down, stop and even redirect incoming projectiles that gets effected by it. That all being said I think that such a valuable and frequently used technique used by even the most inexperienced Air Benders should have a place in Project Korra.

If this technique were to be implemented into Project Korra's Core and or RPG plugin:
  • Bind: ./b b AirSphere
  • Activation:
  1. Constantly left clicking while keeping your cursor at nothing, an item drop, projectile or person will cause air particles to gradually start to circle around it at a growing speed. When a sphere which will match the size of the desired target has completely formed around it, the target will levitate into the center of the sphere and be in control of the Air Bender who used the move as well as any other Air Bender who also has it as well. By right clicking on a sphere within a 10 block distance an Air Bender can move the sphere and its contents around with their cursor as well as its movement matching that of the bender in control, right clicking again to let go.
  2. Shifting will cause air particles to quickly spiral around the Air Bender using the move until completely encased within the sphere of air levitating them into the center.
  3. Right clicking with an item in hand will instantly encase it in an AirSphere in the form of an item drop or arrow if that was an item selected in front of the Air Bender using the move.
Practical Use: Air Sphere can be used as a way to carry items; play games like air ball and even as a mode of air transport. When an Air Bender encases themselves or was encased within an Air Sphere by another Air Bender, they can move the sphere with them in it with air blast, air suction and air swipe along with any other physical air move.

Defensive Use: Air Sphere can be used to stop incoming projectiles and redirect them back at the sender. Air Sphere filled or not can also be used a shield. This especially being so if an Air Bender encases themselves inside the sphere.

Offensive Use: While an AirSphere is underneath the control of an Air Bender, it would be able to be thrown by using shift. Charging would also increase the range and damage of the sphere if it is filled and range, explosion radius and knock back if empty. This can be done with multiple spheres but will lessen their range and damage/range, explosion radius and knock back when thrown.

Properties:

• Item on ice.
  • Can be pushed physically.
  • More than one can be out at a time. (Per Air Bender).
  • More than one sphere can be controlled at a time.
  • The sphere will hover in place where ever it was created or moved to.
  • Can last a certain amount of time without direct control.
  • Fire will ignite the sphere if hit from the outside burning whatever what was inside it as well as allowing Fire Benders to also control it.
  • Water will overtake the sphere if hit from the outside drowning or freezing whatever was inside it as well as allowing Water Benders to also control it.
  • Earth will cancel out the sphere if hit from the outside.
  • Air will push or pull the sphere if hit from the outside and inside it.
  • Air Benders inside a sphere can be controlled by other Air Benders from outside.
  • Projectiles shot from within the sphere will be redirected back at the center.
  • Left clicking while in control of a sphere will despawn it.
  • Empty spheres will not do damage but instead knock back
Effects (Effects only non Air Benders if inside an AirSphere):
  • Nausea
  • Withering
Boot:

• 1 Right click for an item on the same slot as the move.
  • 3 Left clicks on nothing.
  • 3 Left clicks on an item drop.
  • 3 Left clicks on a projectile.
  • 5 Left clicks on a mob.
  • 7 Left clicks on another player.
  • 3 Seconds shifting for self.
Reboot: 1 Second

Time before despawn (If not under control by an Air Bender)

• 20 Seconds seconds for nothing.
  • 20 Seconds for item drops.
  • 10 Seconds for projectiles.
  • 10 Seconds for mobs.
  • 5 Seconds for other players.
  • 5 Seconds on self.
Time before despawn (If under control by an Air Bender)

• Infinite for nothing.
  • Infinite for item drops.
  • 20 Seconds Seconds for projectiles.
  • 30 Seconds for mobs.
  • 10 Seconds for other players.
  • 1 Minute for self.
Max number out at a time (Per one Air Bender)

• 3 For nothing.
  • 3 For item drops
  • 3 For projectiles.
  • 2 For mobs.
  • 1 For other players.
  • 1 For self.
Examples:

upload_2014-9-20_21-0-42.png
(This even though being done by Aang in Avatar State is a good example of encasing oneself in a an air sphere to mimic flight. Even though other Air Benders haven't been seen doing this, the concept is simple enough to assume that it is possible.)
upload_2014-9-20_21-6-23.png
(This is an example of an item being controlled when placed inside a sphere of air.)
upload_2014-9-20_21-11-24.png
Spoiler: (This is an example of Bumi who only recently obtained Air Bending; stopping a projectile thrown at him by trapping it in a sphere of air.)
upload_2014-9-20_21-13-51.png
(This is an example of Aang attempting to nullify an explosion made by Combustion Man by trapping it within an air sphere.)
upload_2014-9-20_21-18-59.png
(This even though being air scooter is a great example of AirSphere because all it is just simply a sphere of air being rotated at high speeds to create a force propelling itself and anything on top of it forward at high speeds.)

Thanks for reading, hope you like the idea and if you have have any questions feel free to post them in the comment section below.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
That's an avatar state thing, I haven't seen anyone but the Avatar use it. And that second photo is Air Scooter.

Example:

The other option that you suggested, I would like to see added, (this one),

Last edited:

vidant829

Verified Member
The last one is AirScooter
The reason why I added air scooter as an a example is because it essentially just air taken the shape of a sphere but spun around at high speeds to create a force that propels it and anything on top of it forward.

vidant829

Verified Member
That's an avatar state thing, I haven't seen anyone but the Avatar use it. And that second photo is Air Scooter.

Example:

The other option that you suggested, I would like to see added, (this one,

Your right that we haven't seen regular air benders encase themselves in an air sphere to travel but its not too far fetched since it is just air being bended to circle around a center point creating an inward force. I also included air scooter because all it is an air sphere rotating at high speeds to propel itself and anything on top of it forward.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I really love this idea. Guys, the only reason we've only seen avatars using this is because they were the only airbenders in the show until season 3, and even then they were ALL novice except for Zaheer and Jinora, but they had Flight and Astral Projection so yeah.

[EDIT] I know Tenzin and his kids but like I said, novice. (Tenzin isn't shown needing this technique at any time in the show)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I really love this idea. Guys, the only reason we've only seen avatars using this is because they were the only airbenders in the show until season 3, and even then they were ALL novice except for Zaheer and Jinora, but they had Flight and Astral Projection so yeah.

[EDIT] I know Tenzin and his kids but like I said, novice. (Tenzin isn't shown needing this technique at any time in the show)
That's not true, you have to have some sort of power advancement to achieve flying.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Proof? A powerful airbender should be able to do it. There's no where saying that directly.
There isn't text, it's just plain obvious. Zaheer achieved flying at a level of air bending that hasn't been achieved for "thousands of years". You know what, have it your way. You're going to defend this idea no matter what, but in my opinion, I think that it is op, but not a bad move.

Edit: If it gets added, I think the AVATAR should be the only one with it.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Seems pretty op to me, but it seems to me that this should mainly just be a few add-ons to air shield.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
There isn't text, it's just plain obvious. Zaheer achieved flying at a level of air bending that hasn't been achieved for "thousands of years". You know what, have it your way. You're going to defend your idea no matter what, but in my opinion, I think that it is op, but not a bad move.

Edit: If it gets added, I think the AVATAR should be the only one with it.
First of all, you still didn't give me proof that AirSphere can't be achieved by highly skilled airbenders. Second, this isn't even my idea..

Moonelight

Verified Member
First of all, you still didn't give me proof that AirSphere can't be achieved by highly skilled airbenders. Second, this isn't even my idea..
This idea*

Nevermind, your just going to be all "prep" and try to make me look bad. I'm ending this discussion right now, your being incompetent.

And the proof? I told you, there is no text, but in the show we have not seen ANY AIRBENDER BESIDES THE AVATAR take flight while submerged in a air sphere. This could change, but right now you have no right telling me that FACT isn't true.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
This idea*

Nevermind, your just going to be all "prep" and try to make me look bad. I'm ending this discussion right now, your being incompetent.

And the proof? I told you, there is no text, but in the show we have not seen ANY AIRBENDER BESIDES THE AVATAR take flight while submerged in a air sphere. This could change, but right now you have no right telling me that FACT isn't true.
The only reason we've only seen avatars using this is because they were the only airbenders in the show until season 3, and even then they were ALL novice except for Zaheer and Jinora, but they had Flight and Astral Projection so yeah.

Also, idk why you're taking this so seriously. It's just a discussion about the move, not a debate over marijuana legality..

vidant829

Verified Member
The only viable non-op method I see for this as a normal move is to grab projectiles.
I would be more than happy if it was used just for that purpose, though I tried balancing it out by allowing other benders to convert the AirSphere into their element(except for earth and air) by attacking it from the outside; giving them control over the sphere and making it a hazard to the Air Bender if they don't keep constant control of it. To further balance it, the same effect can even be given to when an Air Bender is encased inside an AirSphere making an attack from fire and water possibly fatal and an attack from air and earth disruptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.