• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Airshield and Airburst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
I just want everyone to know, I am NOT trying to combine Airshield and Airburst into 1 move, that'd be stupid.

- Airshield is normally underused because it's usually used for Chiblockers and Fireblast. I want to change that.

- I'll put it simply: Airshield should be able to burst out like Airburst. (The hold shift and release version, not the hold shift and click version)

Usage: To use, hold shift with Airshield. Once the charge time of Airburst is done, just click, and the Airshield bursts outwards like Airburst. This will do the same knockback and the same damage as Airburst.

Damage: Same as a regular Airburst.

Knockback: Same as a regular Airburst.

Charge Time: Same as a regular Airburst.

Please give me your opinion down in the comments and I hope you like my idea, thank you for reading.

~ Janny

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I finally got it now. You want the: select Airshield then switch to airburst while it still airshields you and charges airburst when sneak is still held, and left click to release the burst - out of the shield the shield, accordingly If I interpeted correcly by your bad formatting of sentence. If not - it still is about the same concept, right?

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So basically you just hold airshield until airburst would normally be charged. Then what's the point of charging airburst? I wasn't fond of this idea when you mentioned it on the server, and I still am not fond of to this day. It promotes airshield camping, and allows for you to have amazing out-of-shield options.
... wut?

a) Do you mean holding sneak (will the shield be up at that time or not?) with AirShield selected then switching to Airburst and start charging it?
b)Do you meant holding sneak with Airburst (was a typo?) then selected airbur-- wait what ? o_O
c)So how it's it invol...

So how is airshield involve with this?? You mention Airshield at first, but then you seem to forgotten it and caried on only talking about AirBurst. Funny, when you said this original post isn't about combining the two into one ability, it sure you made sound like it :p I think you wrote it badly, because I don't see any way how I could misinterpet it :D

*confused af*

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm just blind and mis-read the second "AirShield" as Airburst.

Still what are you suggesting exactly? Are you suggesting to remove AirShield shielding function? You're thread just makes it look like a new combo, which is only adds - a AirBurst(?).
He's suggesting that if you hold sneak in airshield for the same amount of time it takes to charge airburst, if you switch to airburst and release, it'll release an airburst

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So basically you just hold airshield until airburst would normally be charged. Then what's the point of charging airburst? I wasn't fond of this idea when you mentioned it on the server, and I still am not fond of to this day. It promotes airshield camping, and allows for you to have amazing out-of-shield options.

He's suggesting that if you hold sneak in airshield for the same amount of time it takes to charge airburst, if you switch to airburst and release, it'll release an airburst
Yeah I got it.

- Airbending hasn't has as much versatility as water when it comes to switching through moves, even though in the show it was clearly seen done.
Evidence?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This is just... ech.
- Airshield underused?
a)Haven't played bending for a while, but last a lot did used it.
b)Who needs it, when you have mobility by your side? Using airshield should be your plan B when you get grounded (imagine if earthbending gets quicksand alike ability to submerge the user's feet with the ground).
- Not sure if the concept of air using existing bent air like with waterbending and this whole airshield+airburst is canon at all.
- SuperBower is right on that - having the shield burst isn't gonna make it more usable, but instead - gonna give this a little bit unfairness to the gameplay.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You deleted that first headline, so I assume there is no evidence of it.

My point still stand and I find it weird that an airbender can bend a powerful attack from a powerful.. shield, Dk but I find it weird.

Actually, this reminds me of when Roku used a similar thing through aang's spirit with firebending while in AS. Maybe this similar principle could be used over firebending than AirB.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You deleted that first headline, so I assume there is no evidence of it.

My point still stand and I find it weird that an airbender can bend a powerful attack from a powerful.. shield, Dk but I find it weird.

Actually, this reminds me of when Roku used a similar thing through aang's spirit with firebending while in AS. Maybe this similar principle could be used over firebending than AirB.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
There's a reason why charging moves on the moves' slots exists. I really don't see a need for there to be anything similar to this, expect maybe if you charge fireburst, you have the option to go to fireblast's slot and shoot a fireblast. But that's still a big maybe and it's not really a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.