• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirSense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
AirSense will be a very useful air passive, that could save a bender from people and projectiles.

What this will do is when an entity comes in a 15 radius of you air particles will appear infront of your screen for 1 second. This will alert you they are there. This will happen for every entity that comes in this radius. So for example if 3 burgalers come into this radius then you will get 3 alerts with .5 second intervals inbetween them.

Also if someone comes in this radius and then goes out and then goes back in this ability will not activate until it has been 1 minute.

Ok let's say if some walks into this 15 radius around you, you get an alert.

Now if they get out of this radius and then come back into this radius you won't be alerted UNLESS in has been a minute or more since you were alerted FOR THAT SPECIFIC PERSON.

This is to prevent annoying spamming of air particles on your screen.

Also any bending move used in a 15 area radius the air bender will get the same alert. This is only if they aren't facing that direction because that would get annoying.

For example let's say someone does earthsmash and it comes out of the ground, you would be alerted. Or someone charging torrent. Or someone does lavaflow in the radius. Or even fireblast coming your way. Basically any moves that would change the air currents would activate this move.

This is canon as seen in TLOK when the air benders were being captured by the Air bison poachers and what ever his name is sensed that the net was about the hit him.

Honestly even I reallllllyyyy like the idea of this it would be so cool!!!!

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't like the idea simply because it would constantly be on. I love bending PvP and my go-to element is air. I always use quick attacks then maybe get out of range from my enemy so I can heal back any hearts that I lose and wait for cool downs to leave my presence. This being said, I would constantly be going out of range and into range of enemies and they would constantly be shooting at me so this means that there would constantly be air particles in my face, making me disabled in any bending combat. I've looked around and I know a lot of air benders typically will blast our of range just to either put the enemy at a disadvantage by not knowing where they went or healing. If there was a way to make this less annoying and maybe only do it once per person until like 10 minutes that would be a bit better. But the way that is described here, I would hope there is a toggle off....

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Onomatopoeia in the chat can alert the player of sensing the air current and all that stuff instead of those blinding particles.

Green

Verified Member
10 minutes?!?! No no no that is Wayyyyyy to long. It would only be one particle AND if your facing them it doesn't show up........ I will change the thread though to something else

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The Particle idea is just distraction and will get a lot of airbenders disorentated in pvp. Imagine someone is attacking, you are with 2 hearts left or somewhere there, an enemy walks into your range in front of you, this passive of yours activates > R.I.P. A chat notification would be enough to sufficiently alert someone without any problem and annoyance.

Green

Verified Member
Also when using air there is particles in your face all the time....

Either way I updated it

Hint: Look for the red!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also if someone comes in this radius and then goes out and then goes back in this ability will not activate until it has been 1 minute.
Can you rephrase that? Do you mean if a player stays there for 1 minute or more the airsense would activate?

Green

Verified Member
Ok let's say if some walks into this 15 radius around you, you get an alert.

Now if they get out of this radius and then come back into this radius you won't be alerted UNLESS in has been a minute or more since you were alerted FOR THAT SPECIFIC PERSON.

This is to prevent annoying spamming of air particles on your screen.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Im still not agreeing with this. I know it was in the show and all but I don't think it would be aesthetically pleasing and it would be annoying. Most people would probably have it toggled off.

Green

Verified Member
May be make it to toggle it by right clicking with airblast? I really don't understand why you wouldn't use it..... I mean it tells you when a person comes near you. I would find this very useful to run away turn my back and Airbreath when they try to hit me and then go for the hit.

Green

Verified Member
Why would that be annoying if your air there is always air in your face.... It is only a few particles and it could be on the side of your screen.

And btw if this move gets made then I won't die from creepers!!! :)

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I also disagree with charge particles too. With fire and air the particles are annoying but this would be uncontrollable. At least with blast I decide and prepare myself for the particles. But with this it happens anytime there is an enemy near by or there is a projectile coming for me...

Green

Verified Member
Did you not read the red it only does it once every minute for an entity.... And I told you the particles wouldn't be that big!!! I would rather have a little particle in my face then have and earthsmash hitting me.....

AND I said this, this ability would not be activated if you are looking in the direction the person or move is..... So if your looking at them then it won't spam your screen.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Only if there a few particles I wouldn't mind to have rather the blinding one's. If I had to choose, I still would prefer the chat notification thingy over particles.

Green

Verified Member
But that wouldn't really make sense to have it in chat and besides what is the point then because by there time you look down at your chat you would be already dead xD

May be toggle it to either have it in chat, particles, or off by right clicking with airblast?

Status
Not open for further replies.