• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirDisc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
This move would blast an upright circular disc at an opponent, carrying them a specified range.

If the opponent hit an object, they would receive knockback/kinetic damage.

Hopefully the disc would be spiraling either clockwise or counter clockwise, much like air normally does.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
The use is the same and the size is the same. Doesn't need to be added
The use is the same but it looks nothing like the one in this thread. If you say it looks exactly like airblast then you are wrong, it just functions in the same way.
Also it wouldn't hurt if this was added as an aircombo with greater knockback than airblast, and a heart of damage or so

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The use is the same but it looks nothing like the one in this thread. If you say it looks exactly like airblast then you are wrong, it just functions in the same way.
Also it wouldn't hurt if this was added as an aircombo with greater knockback than airblast, and a heart of damage or so
Airsweep accomplishes that tho. And I didn't say they looked a lot the same

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
well if we are going by how pk staff do things around here
more moves = better plugin
so why not
Funny you mention that, because as someone who is on (and runs) the ProjectKorra Staff - I can tell you that is not how we operate. When we see a need for a new move - we add it. When we don't - we don't. There's not much else to it.

I'd like to ask that you learn a thing or two about the ProjectKorra Development and Design Process before you make inflammatory comments like that.

Thanks ^^.

Anything below this post should be directly related to the suggestion.

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
Just to address a few things that came up in the comments about my suggestions:

1. When I said upright I meant vertical. As in it stands up exactly like the gif and moves forwards with speed like that.

2. Yes, I realize that it functions similarly to airblast. But don't MOST airbending moves function that way? The majority of the air moves are various ways to push, pull, etc. opponents.

3. I never thought about adding it as a combo, but that's a good idea. :)

4. Damage could be added if the developers felt the need. Personally, I would rather it have damage, considering that, although it makes up for it it mobility, air lacks damage. But damage would be nice B)

5. While this move is not 100% necessary, it would be good to have it as an option, should server owners want more airmoves. The other elements have many suggested moves, so I wanted an air move to be added since sometimes airbending is overlooked.

If you have any further questions or suggestions concerning this move, please feel free to ask them as I will be happy to answer them! :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just to address a few things that came up in the comments about my suggestions:

1. When I said upright I meant vertical. As in it stands up exactly like the gif and moves forwards with speed like that.

2. Yes, I realize that it functions similarly to airblast. But don't MOST airbending moves function that way? The majority of the air moves are various ways to push, pull, etc. opponents.

3. I never thought about adding it as a combo, but that's a good idea. :)

4. Damage could be added if the developers felt the need. Personally, I would rather it have damage, considering that, although it makes up for it it mobility, air lacks damage. But damage would be nice B)

5. While this move is not 100% necessary, it would be good to have it as an option, should server owners want more airmoves. The other elements have many suggested moves, so I wanted an air move to be added since sometimes airbending is overlooked.

If you have any further questions or suggestions concerning this move, please feel free to ask them as I will be happy to answer them! :)
It'd probably be better as an addon.

HydroMan

Verified Member
well if we are going by how pk staff do things around here
more moves = better plugin
so why not
More moves....

1121 moves that does act lile airswipe
233 moves that has the same type of protection has surgeshield
969 moves that light up an area same way and mechanic as illumination
867 m.....

Do we really like to have more useless moves that do basically the same as the ordinary ones with the exception to make them fancy, just to ignore the wait on how long the plugin/server would have to load up all of this content?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Whatever you feel is the best option. You're the developer :)
And you are the person who doesn't really understand on how to suggest a move.

Whenever you suggest it, you first (or not) must check if it has any purpose which differ from the other existing moves, and not just looks and size, but the functionality of it.

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
And you are the person who doesn't really understand on how to suggest a move.

Whenever you suggest it, you first (or not) must check if it has any purpose which differ from the other existing moves, and not just looks and size, but the functionality of it.
Ok, but do airblade and airswipe really have a different purpose other than looking different? If we narrowed it down to moves that only had unique functions, we would only have the original 9 airmoves.

Yes, it is my idea, but I don't know what everyone wants. Which is why this is a suggestion.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, but do airblade and airswipe really have a different purpose other than looking different? If we narrowed it down to moves that only had unique functions, we would only have the original 9 airmoves.

Yes, it is my idea, but I don't know what everyone wants. Which is why this is a suggestion.
It's worth noting that AirBlade is not an official ProjectKorra ability and should not be used as reference when creating an argument as to why something should be implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.