• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied AirBlast Config Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Hello, fans of ProjectKorra! My suggestion is not very big, but, in my opinion, it will be very useful. I suggest to add a config option "Damage" for AirBlast. I know that there will be many haters who will argue that it is not necessary. But if you think about it, the Airbenders have only 3 abilities in the standard configuration, which can cause damage. One of them is Suffocation, which a professional Airbenders don't use. I suggest to make the damage equal to 0.5 heart to AirBlast. This means that the AirBlast can randomly cause damage to the heart, and may not apply like WaterArms Punch. I believe that this is true, many Airbenders will use this to remove spam AirSwipe. This is not a significant change, but it can really enhance used ability. Many will ask, how, then, push yourself if we will also get damage. Here I suggest to make another config option, which will be called CanHitSelf. Values are true and false. Again, I don't think that's a huge change, but it will really help. I am not Airbender, I made this proposal at the request of the players of my server. I don't think that AirBlast should absolutely cause damage, so I propose a config option.

I don't know how you react to this, but please consider it. Sorry for my English, I tried my best to make you understand me.
Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
"Though deemed the most dynamic of the bending arts, the most controversial aspect of airbending is its supposed lack of fatal moves, being a more defense-inclined art.".

Nuff said.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
"Though deemed the most dynamic of the bending arts, the most controversial aspect of airbending is its supposed lack of fatal moves, being a more defense-inclined art.".

Nuff said.
Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris, look at this: I suggest to make the damage equal to 0.5 heart to AirBlast. This means that the AirBlast can randomly cause damage to the heart, and may not apply like WaterArms Punch.

RikudoSannin

Verified Member
Yes, I agree, really good idea. Will not cause much damage, will do damage varied. I like the idea about 0.5 heart like WaterArms Punch. It actually will make more diverse strikes of the Airbenders. They will no longer spam AirSwipe only.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Yes, I agree, really good idea. Will not cause much damage, will do damage varied. I like the idea about 0.5 heart like WaterArms Punch. It actually will make more diverse strikes of the Airbenders. They will no longer spam AirSwipe only.
Thanks for support!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It actually will make more diverse strikes of the Airbenders. They will no longer spam AirSwipe only.
I disagree. Airblast deals a bigger knockback than airswipe, leaving the disadvantage of having to reach your opponents that are push back more by the blast, which isn't advisable if your intent is to use your other attack on them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I have nothing against AirSwipe, but it would be better if it can be alternated with AirBlast, dealing little damage.
Airswipe benefits:
deals less knockback, which makes it easy to reach pushed enemies by it, for a second attack.
deals more damage (according to you) - no need to explain why that is useful over airblast.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Airswipe benefits:
deals less knockback, which makes it easy to reach pushed enemies by it, for a second attack.
deals more damage (according to you) - no need to explain why that is useful over airblast.
I'm not saying it should be exactly as I said. I suggest just cofig option.

Loony

Verified Member
I'm denying this suggestion.

AirBendender's can already cause damage from AirBlast by using wall damage, which is perfect as there's a system so that it does more/less damage depending on certain things, such as how far they've been thrown. This works well with AirBlast, adding damage wouldn't. It's easily spammed and would be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.