• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Airbending Techniques~

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
It has appeared to me that the largest group of benders in this community is waterbending. I personally love waterbending, but I hate how so many people use it tbh. So I am here to spread some knowledge about the amazing element of air!
1. Spirituality
• Air is the element of freedom. Airbenders are natural pacifists. Airbending is primarily focused on mobility, but some airbenders value damage output more than mobility. The primary way for airbenders to deal damage should be through striking combinations of moves on their opponent - their attack moves should not be as powerful as the other elements. Airbenders don't take fall damage, as well as are able to control their digestive speed. Airbenders don't become hungry nearly as fast as any other bender.
^ To some people that is all common knowledge, but now I'd like to tell everyone about the amazing techniques for airbending that have been coined over the years...
2. Mobility Techniques
These techniques focus solely on the mobile aspects of airbending. Some of the people I mention in here coined the technique themselves or simply named it. If you coined or named something which I mention here, feel free to tell me.
- AirBlast Techniques
• AeroRush - AeroRush allows an airbender to use AirBlast to propel themselves high into the air. This technique was coined by Vento/Vidant.
• Cloudhopping - Cloudhopping is a variant inverse of AeroRush. While AeroRush is used to propel an airbender into the air, cloudhopping helps them remain in the air.
• Cloudgliding - Cloudgliding is similar to cloudhopping. Instead of propelling yourself upwards while already in the air, you propel yourself down to the ground in a diagonal manner. This is effective when dodging an attack from the ground.
• Inversing - Inversing is a combination of both AeroRush and cloudhopping. This technique is very difficult to perform. If an airbender makes a mistake while AeroRushing, and still wants to ascend, they would perform an inverse. This means they would cloudhop and then AeroRush upwards to continue their ascent. This technique is believed to have been coined by Robagio/RobagNetwork.
- AirScooter Techniques
• Dashing - A dash can be performed with AirScooter by activating the ability and quickly deactivating it. This allows the airbender to possibly dodge an attack or perform a quick but subtle movement.
• Waterbouncing - Waterbouncing is a wonderful technique coined by XcausticX/Yukinen/Heika_ (she had many names). Waterbouncing can be described as bouncy ball movement on water (and lava). This technique is only usable if the airbender is constantly sprinting by any means necessary. This means the airbender may have to use their sprint button. Waterbouncing is a very quick dash across water, which creates surface tension, causing the airbender to be launched into the air. This technique cannot be performed twice in a row, so an airbender must "renew" their session by either AirGliding, or cloudhopping.
• Propulsion - Propulsion is a technique that allows the airbender to easily escape water or lava. This may have been derived from waterbounce or waterbounce may have been derived from this. They are quite similar.
• Reversal - Reversal is a technique that allows an airbender to quickly chain hits on an opponent by quickly whipping around their opponent.
- AirGlide (JedCore Move) Techniques
• Spiral Movement - As airbenders, we often focus on spiral movement. Using AirGlide, this is possible and controllable. To perform some kind of combo on your opponent, you're going to need to move around your opponent, making it difficult to hit you.
• Peregrine Falcon - This technique, coined by Robagio, has been almost the primary use for AirGlide for some airbenders. With this technique, the airbender charges a powerful move such as AirBurst while AirGlide is activated. This enables the airbender to move around quickly while using a lethal move. This technique has single-handedly reshaped AirGlide combat for some airbenders. (This technique often includes Spiral Movement)
- AirSpout Techniques
• "Air Camp" - A derogatory name given by other benders and chiblockers, this allows the airbender to essentially "camp" in the air where the chiblocker especially cannot reach them except with Smokescreen. From here the airbender can do all sorts of attacks
• Reaper mode - A technique coined by Vento/Vidant, this allows the airbender to use quick and concise spout combat while used in sync with AirGlide (note: this is only possible with an AirGlide with a relatively slow descent.
- AirSuction Techniques
• AirSuction - AirSuction can be used in reverse from AirBlast for an airbender to more easily and efficiently escape water or lava.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
3. Combat Techniques
• The Barrage - Quick combination of moves and combos ~ AirSwipe > AirSweep > AirBlade (JedCore move) > AirPunch (JedCore move) ~ this works wonders when all of these moves have short cooldowns.
- AirSwipe Techniques
• Spamming AirSwipe - AirSwipe is spammable, but not usually the most effective way of fighting.
• Froghopping - Froghopping is not only an air technique. Froghopping is any time when a bender thrusts themselves high into the air, charges a powerful move, and hits their target while descending. This is typical because it gives the bender time to charge without the fear of being hit. Froghopping, as air specifically, is usually performed with AirBlast or AirSuction and then charging AirSwipe (or AirBurst).
• Charging Cover - This is also common among all benders (especially earthbenders). Hiding behind a wall while charging a powerful move (charging cover) is typical because not only are you almost completely protected from your opponent for a moment, but you can charge a powerful move without the fear of getting hit while doing so.
- AirBurst Techniques
• Spamming AirBurst
• Froghopping
• Charging Cover
• Peregrine Falcon - As stated in the mobility section, this technique requires the use of a quick AirGlide and often includes the use of AirBurst. Swing around your opponent rapidly while charging AirBurst, and finally unleash the ability.
- AirBreath techniques
• Use AirBreath while someone is falling.
• Use AirBreath while someone is pinned against a wall
• Use AirBreath to propel yourself around and cool lava
-
That's all for now - if anyone would like to add any techniques please do! And please discuss any of this!

Tenket

Verified Member
It has appeared to me that the largest group of benders in this community is waterbending.
this is because its a polarizing element. Its the most finiky to use so the people that end up liking it are fanatics. Which are expressed more strongly than others in public spaces

Tenket

Verified Member
It has appeared to me that the largest group of benders in this community is waterbending. I personally love waterbending, but I hate how so many people use it tbh. So I am here to spread some knowledge about the amazing element of air!
1. Spirituality
• Air is the element of freedom. Airbenders are natural pacifists. Airbending is primarily focused on mobility, but some airbenders value damage output more than mobility. The primary way for airbenders to deal damage should be through striking combinations of moves on their opponent - their attack moves should not be as powerful as the other elements. Airbenders don't take fall damage, as well as are able to control their digestive speed. Airbenders don't become hungry nearly as fast as any other bender.
^ To some people that is all common knowledge, but now I'd like to tell everyone about the amazing techniques for airbending that have been coined over the years...
2. Mobility Techniques
These techniques focus solely on the mobile aspects of airbending. Some of the people I mention in here coined the technique themselves or simply named it. If you coined or named something which I mention here, feel free to tell me.
- AirBlast Techniques
• AeroRush - AeroRush allows an airbender to use AirBlast to propel themselves high into the air. This technique was coined by Vento/Vidant.
• Cloudhopping - Cloudhopping is a variant inverse of AeroRush. While AeroRush is used to propel an airbender into the air, cloudhopping helps them remain in the air.
• Cloudgliding - Cloudgliding is similar to cloudhopping. Instead of propelling yourself upwards while already in the air, you propel yourself down to the ground in a diagonal manner. This is effective when dodging an attack from the ground.
• Inversing - Inversing is a combination of both AeroRush and cloudhopping. This technique is very difficult to perform. If an airbender makes a mistake while AeroRushing, and still wants to ascend, they would perform an inverse. This means they would cloudhop and then AeroRush upwards to continue their ascent. This technique is believed to have been coined by Robagio/RobagNetwork.
- AirScooter Techniques
• Dashing - A dash can be performed with AirScooter by activating the ability and quickly deactivating it. This allows the airbender to possibly dodge an attack or perform a quick but subtle movement.
• Waterbouncing - Waterbouncing is a wonderful technique coined by XcausticX/Yukinen/Heika_ (she had many names). Waterbouncing can be described as bouncy ball movement on water (and lava). This technique is only usable if the airbender is constantly sprinting by any means necessary. This means the airbender may have to use their sprint button. Waterbouncing is a very quick dash across water, which creates surface tension, causing the airbender to be launched into the air. This technique cannot be performed twice in a row, so an airbender must "renew" their session by either AirGliding, or cloudhopping.
• Propulsion - Propulsion is a technique that allows the airbender to easily escape water or lava. This may have been derived from waterbounce or waterbounce may have been derived from this. They are quite similar.
• Reversal - Reversal is a technique that allows an airbender to quickly chain hits on an opponent by quickly whipping around their opponent.
- AirGlide (JedCore Move) Techniques
• Spiral Movement - As airbenders, we often focus on spiral movement. Using AirGlide, this is possible and controllable. To perform some kind of combo on your opponent, you're going to need to move around your opponent, making it difficult to hit you.
• Peregrine Falcon - This technique, coined by Robagio, has been almost the primary use for AirGlide for some airbenders. With this technique, the airbender charges a powerful move such as AirBurst while AirGlide is activated. This enables the airbender to move around quickly while using a lethal move. This technique has single-handedly reshaped AirGlide combat for some airbenders. (This technique often includes Spiral Movement)
- AirSpout Techniques
• "Air Camp" - A derogatory name given by other benders and chiblockers, this allows the airbender to essentially "camp" in the air where the chiblocker especially cannot reach them except with Smokescreen. From here the airbender can do all sorts of attacks
• Reaper mode - A technique coined by Vento/Vidant, this allows the airbender to use quick and concise spout combat while used in sync with AirGlide (note: this is only possible with an AirGlide with a relatively slow descent.
- AirSuction Techniques
• AirSuction - AirSuction can be used in reverse from AirBlast for an airbender to more easily and efficiently escape water or lava.
3. Combat Techniques
• The Barrage - Quick combination of moves and combos ~ AirSwipe > AirSweep > AirBlade (JedCore move) > AirPunch (JedCore move) ~ this works wonders when all of these moves have short cooldowns.
- AirSwipe Techniques
• Spamming AirSwipe - AirSwipe is spammable, but not usually the most effective way of fighting.
• Froghopping - Froghopping is not only an air technique. Froghopping is any time when a bender thrusts themselves high into the air, charges a powerful move, and hits their target while descending. This is typical because it gives the bender time to charge without the fear of being hit. Froghopping, as air specifically, is usually performed with AirBlast or AirSuction and then charging AirSwipe (or AirBurst).
• Charging Cover - This is also common among all benders (especially earthbenders). Hiding behind a wall while charging a powerful move (charging cover) is typical because not only are you almost completely protected from your opponent for a moment, but you can charge a powerful move without the fear of getting hit while doing so.
- AirBurst Techniques
• Spamming AirBurst
• Froghopping
• Charging Cover
• Peregrine Falcon - As stated in the mobility section, this technique requires the use of a quick AirGlide and often includes the use of AirBurst. Swing around your opponent rapidly while charging AirBurst, and finally unleash the ability.
- AirBreath techniques
• Use AirBreath while someone is falling.
• Use AirBreath while someone is pinned against a wall
• Use AirBreath to propel yourself around and cool lava
-
That's all for now - if anyone would like to add any techniques please do! And please discuss any of this!
Omg I hate your formatting. It's like you had a round table of how you could make the most awful to read post without being accused of trolling

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
My friend's a great airbender, he joined a random server and got an insta hexa kill.

He makes use of a lot of movement. For example, he doesn't just run towards you and launches an airswipe, he airjets towards you (using airblast) and then launches an airswipe while also using AirSweep. Unless you have a wall/barrier ability, it's almost unstoppable.

Tenket

Verified Member
My friend's a great airbender, he joined a random server and got an insta hexa kill.

He makes use of a lot of movement. For example, he doesn't just run towards you and launches an airswipe, he airjets towards you (using airblast) and then launches an airswipe while also using AirSweep. Unless you have a wall/barrier ability, it's almost unstoppable.
Sounds technical. But cool

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
Omg I hate your formatting. It's like you had a round table of how you could make the most awful to read post without being accused of trolling
I made this a while ago in an outline format. But I'm sorry you were displeased with my format

RobagNetwork

Verified Member

Who is this guy? I'd like to meet him

chazpants

Verified Member

Thats a good technique, you can use airblade + airsweep at the same time which is good too.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Is this really what the kids are calling the various bending techniques these days? Jeez... Times have changed.
I have the best name for those airbending techniques
"airblast"
best name for airscooter techniques?
"airscooter"
combat techniques?!?!!?
"airblast + airswipe"