• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Airbender's Flight - Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Hi all, so this suggestion is fairly simple; Zaheer was shown to have quite a lot of fun, bouncing Korra around in the previous season, last episode. The idea would be, that flying through someone using the Flight ability would knock them back, similar to what AirBlast does. I couldn't find a gif or picture of it, but I'm sure you've all seen the scene.

A tiny problem is that Flight automatically deactivates as you approach the ground, making it hard to swoop down to your opponent and to continue flying, so perhaps it could only deactivate when actually touching the ground? I imagine that should be possible. Not entirely sure though; the current version probably works based on proximity, and deactivates as soon as you "enter" the hitbox of the block above the ground. (Which may or may not be true)

(EDIT: Got confirmation, it should be able to detect if you are in fly mode or not)

My reasoning for this addition is that it would give the Flight move more possibilities for the user; they can choose to fight offensively by flying into enemies, or to try to dodge and escape. I believe Flight shouldn't be limited to just an evasive move, as in the show it was shown to be more than that. In that aspect, it'd be canon too.

Share your own opinions below!

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, flight was shown to be hard to master, so hitting someone someone with it without losing balance and concentration should be hard too, and in MineCraft this would mean, you can't go TOO low. That would make it realistic (to me).

But I still don't know the hover function ;-;

DanStryder

Verified Member
Though once it's mastered I don't think it would be that hard otherwise why would the founder of flight and Zaheer both continue to fly and not wish to return to the ground

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Though once it's mastered I don't think it would be that hard otherwise why would the founder of flight and Zaheer both continue to fly and not wish to return to the ground
Because it was easy once they learned it. When you learn how to hit someone without touching the ground, it would be easy too. You just have to master it.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Re-read what I said, I said otherwise, meaning I'm already stating it was easy for both the founder and Zaheer once they learnt how to do it. I was asking for another explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.