• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Airball

Would this be funny/nice?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hello!!

This is an idea for a new airbending "move". This could be a combo, passive or new move. Tell me what you think is the best. Anyway, this is what my idea is:

By holding shift you create a ball of air. By moving your cursor you can move the ball. Animals would follow the ball. (They wanna play with it :D ) By clicking while making a sweeping motion with your cursor (Just like airsweep) you can swing the ball.(You can also just click to throw it) When you swing the ball, you'll launch it in the direction you are facing after you made a sweeping motion. When another airbender presses shift while looking at your airball (after you threw it), he/see will be able to control it. You can play a game with this for example :). When you hold the ball at a place for too long, it'll disappear. It wouldn't have much use in combat or something, but it's for fun and playing with animals AND it adds some RPG thing: FUN! This could be used to move animals to your farm, to play around with and stuff like that.
Pictures:
Aang playing a game with an airball:

Ikki using an airball to play with the bisons:

That's it! Let me know what you think!:)

- Finn

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm quite sure there are some things that could be changed. Pls tell me what you think :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
ppl have voted, so they read it, but pls tell me why you like it and what should be changed. :/

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Get out Vid. Anyhow, I love this idea and the concepts put behind it. I have been waiting for this to be suggested, and these mechanics seem possible and great for the people who enjoy other aspects of minecraft rather than PvP, such as myself.
Again, great idea and I love all the 'fun' and simple suggestions of the move's mechanics!

~Apple<3

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
By add-on move I believe he means a move that is not official to ProjectKorra Core/RPG. Therefor servers can choose if they would like it added, or not. Personally I think that could be a good idea, but it tugs at my heart.

V

Vidcom

That's what I thought. Perhaps on AirScooter? (Since you riding a ball of air)
Potential AirScooter changes (Runefist's AirScooter+ merged):
Run + click to form traditional airscooter
Crouch + click to create ball of air, moves around with direction, click to fire. Can be redirected with multiple clicks, like Torrent, WaterManip and EarthBlast.
Crouch when in midair, and slow glide kicks in.

^^^I feel a lot of airbenders would be up for these changes

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Potential AirScooter changes (Runefist's AirScooter+ merged):
Run + click to form traditional airscooter
Crouch + click to create ball of air, moves around with direction, click to fire. Can be redirected with multiple clicks, like Torrent, WaterManip and EarthBlast.
Crouch when in midair, and slow glide kicks in.

^^^I feel a lot of airbenders would be up for these changes
Don't forget the "stealing" by other air benders ;3

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I am leaning towards the idea of the movement of the cursor controls the ball, but whatever works I guess.

~Apple<3

Kwesi

Verified Member
@Kwesi . Just because I love your comments ;3 xD
It's a great RPG feature. I know I've loved the idea of airball in bending world and have had ideas about wanting it in Minecraft.

I love how you've incorporated all the interactive mechanics and how the entities respond to it. As long as it has great enough range (all configurable, naturally) players could even play the actual game, if they build the court.

I'd definitely say I enjoy the creativity of the idea. :)

Kwesi

Verified Member
Airscooter should be riding an airball
There have been suggestions about that. I think it would look more visually gratifying as long, and as it doesn't diminish fluidity, I'm for something like that, since it's rather accurate.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's a great RPG feature. I know I've loved the idea of airball in bending world and have had ideas about wanting it in Minecraft.

I love how you've incorporated all the interactive mechanics and how the entities respond to it. As long as it has great enough range (all configurable, naturally) players could even play the actual game, if they build the court.

I'd definitely say I enjoy the creativity of the idea. :)
Tnx! I hope someone would like to make this. ^.^