• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air Shield (Survival Aspect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaniard

Hi guys, I'm new to the PK forums and I wasn't even aware of it until recently. I tried to do a little research before making a post so hopefully I followed all the guidelines correctly, please critique me if I do anything out of format or incorrect.

So I've played PK(TLA?) for a couple years now, I can't remember but I was never a big 'bending-junkie' so to speak. I was more interested in factions but I still loved using the plugin especially on a certain server. If you asked me to name all the current combos, I probably couldn't and I probably wouldn't even be able to tell you the basic moves for one element either. I feel like a Historian giving a lecture to a Chemistry class right now, anyhow I wanted to talk about Air Shield. Kiam suggested I take a look at the forums and I'm glad I did, this is great. Any how, thought you might want some insight from a guy who isn't a big 'Arena Junkie'!

I mainly use air bending, which I love and hate when it comes to factions. If you have familiarized yourself with the faction plugin, you would know about raiding, survival, and more. I've been in a lot of raids and done a lot of PVP and I've noticed a move that I often see on the battle field and rarely see in the arena is Air Shield. I know in the current config you can't edit a time limit to air shield or reduce the size or it won't work properly, if I am correct. I was suggesting maybe add a time limit to how long you can use the move or maybe add a bit of a cool-down, or so some servers can configure it to their pleasing? I would explain the ins and outs but like I said, I'm not an arena junkie I don't know much about it or how you guys work your magic to make stuff happen. Back to the topic, the issue is if I'm PVPing someone and they're about to die or about to get hit their can air shield and push you out of the way and prevent themselves from getting killed. I'm taken some screenshots to help you picture what I'm talking about (it's actors not a real raid).
The first image shows an enclosed space where two players can hide out and have enough time to escape or teleport away or whatever they want to do while myself, in armor, and my friend Lance can't get close enough. You may be thinking, why not just kill them with bending? Well if we both had 'God armor' or fully enchanted armor, the bending would merely scratch it and do little to no damage.

Also this one, me being trapped by the other players and not being able to shoot a bow and arrow or get close enough to hit them with the sword. I'm now stuck in the corner and can do almost nothing unless bend my way out of the situation which will make me put away my weapons e.t.c, e.t.c.

So while you might think, this move is not OP at all during bending... it's the complete opposite in regular survival and pvp, way over powered. I just want to give some insight from a different perspective, definitely something that should be looked at... Potions can't go through it either, basically all entities that you would use for pvp and this is especially bad for faction servers since areas of land will be claimed and only the specific group of people will be able to edit the land, leaving the other people helpless. There's many other exploits and ways you can use this move but I was just suggesting maybe add a time limit or cool down.

Alright, that's all I suppose. Thanks for reading.
~Spaniard.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I do agree on adding a duration with its option in the config, but I wanna say that it isn't difficult to put your weapons down (remove the weapon from the slot you wanna use the bind to escape airshield trap by sneak+lrmb click).

Spaniard

I do agree on adding a duration with its option in the config, but I wanna say that it isn't difficult to put your weapons down (remove the weapon from the slot you wanna use the bind to escape airshield trap by sneak+lrmb click).
Yeah it seems really simple like that, but during battle every movement counts, for an example, I used airsuction to move them closer so I could hit them but by the time I did and the airshield stopped and they air blasted away, this isn't the photos, this is what happened during a 1v1 in a base... Anyway, that doesn't really matter it's just confusion and I personally think would be simpler to add a duration as well. I'm glad you agree!

Loony

Verified Member
You can edit the size and it works fine, I did on my server! :)

This is a good idea, and to add onto this idea (which we have planned) is adding a break limit to AirShield so people can break through it.

Looking into!

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
You should do that AirShield could withstand for example 3 watermanipulation, and then he was gone. I think it would be more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.