• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Air Punch/Kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This move is a bit basic, but as you get into it the idea is more complex than it looks.

Things to know

• I honestly have no good name for this move as of now
  • This (these) move is more offensive compared to the culture & list of moves airbenders possess
  • Air Punch: Left Click
  • Air Kick: Shift
  • The default punch damage is 1 heart per hit
  • The default kick damage is 2 hearts per hit
  • The punch move has a 1 second cooldown
  • The kick cool down is 2 seconds
  • No warm up
  • Air Kick has a medium knockback
  • Air Punch has a small knockback
  • The range for Air Punch is 10 blocks
  • The range for Air Kick is 15 blocks
  • All the stats are configurable

Note: The kick ability is more useful while in air, as demonstrated by Zaheer

How it works

Air Punch is the ability used when you left click. Air Kick is the ability used when you shift, but you have to be in the air to be able to activate the ability. Either by jumping, or some other creative way of being off the ground. The reason these moves are combined together is that they are supposed to be easily spammable, but also have diversity in attacks at the same time. Its a quick way of fighting, and it would change some fighting styles.

Let me name a scenario where this combination of moves becomes useful. You're fighting a firebender, you use your speed to throw a couple airswipes at them, then they get you locked in their wall of fire. You blast yourself out of the wall of fire, only to see the firebender coming at you with fire jet while you begin to airspout. Their fire jet runs out & they are left on the ground while you are in your airspout. You end your airspout only so you could activate Air Kick, which flies right towards them and knocks them back, giving them 2 hearts of damage. You land on the ground to release a airburst, blasting the firebender at a wall, bringing them down to 2 hearts. You run towards them and begin to throw Air Punch 2 times, colliding with them and next killing them.

In the show Air Kick is able to be used on the ground, but I figured it would make more sense to follow the idea developers had for the kick combos for Chi Blockers, and require the bender to jump/be off the ground.

As for the animation, it seems to similar to Air Blast in the show. So I figured either larger, or smaller, compact blasts of air could be used. Even possibly not leaving a trail of cloud particles behind? To be honest, I have no idea what to name this move. I can't name it "Air Punch" or "Air Kick" because it's 2 moves, not one.

Proof of move

Air Punch:

Air Kick:

While some may argue that this gif is of Air Blast in a different form, the impact of the move is what is offensive about it & indicates it's Air Kick, a regular air blast wouldn't be so offensive.
(I don't always use Wiki as a source, but Wiki states that this scene is Air Kick.)

Mix of both:

(Yet the "Kick" looks like more of a swipe, and probably is.)

I know there will be people who argue that this is Air Blast, not Air Punch/Kick, but although the move itself matches the look of air blast, the concept is a lot different.

Improvements/changes might be made to this thread.

Thoughts & judgement below please, I promise to respond honestly.
~ Fly

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Air Kick:

While some may argue that this gif is of Air Blast in a different form, the impact of the move is what is offensive about it & indicates it's Air Kick, a regular air blast wouldn't be so offensive.
(I don't always use Wiki as a source, but Wiki states that this scene is Air Kick.)
I think this same gif was used for velocity damage, not gonna lie.

V

Vidcom

Some fairly large changes would have to be made, but the principle of a harder to prepare but more damaging AirBlast would work very well, especially to deal with the AirSwipe spam problem we hear so often. Approved!

djmyernos

Verified Member
There is already a Add-on move called AirPunch. So if you just make a different name for the AirPunch part of it I think it'd be great!

Moonelight

Verified Member
There is already a Add-on move called AirPunch. So if you just make a different name for the AirPunch part of it I think it'd be great!
Thats an addon and this suggestion is more for the core. But if one more person suggests to change the name I will.

Hero

Verified Member
I like it. the only problem I have is air doesnt have a cool down at all. And I mean the only move that has a cooldown is airswipe, everything else is just instant. So if the cooldown was alittle higber, then its cool. :p

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like it. the only problem I have is air doesnt have a cool down at all. And I mean the only move that has a cooldown is airswipe, everything else is just instant. So if the cooldown was alittle higber, then its cool. :p
Reasons for no cooldown most likely:
-Air is literally everywhere
-Air is element of speed and freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.