• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Administrative Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
So I'll be the one to stray off from suggesting new moves, and instead suggest some administrative-type commands that might be useful for other server owners/admins/staff to use instead of trying to find alternate and less-efficient ways to perform certain actions. :)

I completely get the focus on new moves (after all this is Bending) but I figured I'd give this a shot anyways, even if it isn't considered for a while.

The Addition of Offline Lookups to /bending who [player]
If possible, it would be nice to be able to check a player's bending even when they are offline.
For us, we have rules about griefing areas with bending (like charged fireblast) in a certain radius of protection zones. When we get reports of grief, we have to do tons more questioning and checking just to get the elements of people in the area at the time the grief happened (because we can't remember the elements of every person on the server). Optimally, we could just check it with /b who.

Spawning Grappling Hooks
Just as the title says, this command could spawn iron/gold grappling hooks.
Depending on your server and needs, this command could be potentially useful. A specific example for us would be that we want to make an automated system for distributing hooks in our arena (we don't allow outside items), and having a command for it would allow that system to exist. Command could be something like /bending hook <iron/gold>, permission would be bending.command.hook ?

Bypassing Bending Effects/Damage
I'm unsure of how possible this is, but a toggle command for bypassing the effects of bending (mainly knockback, but also blindness, slowness, etc.) and maybe damage as well would be helpful. When a staff member is trying to spectate an arena match (or watch players for suspicious activity, etc.) they often get hit with bending moves and disrupted from accomplishing their tasks. This probably doesn't seem like an issue, but it can get awfully bothersome, especially in tight corridors and other related places. The no-damage would pertain more toward staff members who don't have access to god/creative mode, and it would effect bending only. The command itself could be /bending bypass (toggleable) and the permission would be be something along the lines of bending.command.bypass.

Data Purging
Back in Orion's plugin, I had noticed bending player data seemed to get 'purged', but I could never figure out if there was any sort of organized time in which this happened. I haven't been using Korra long enough to know if you guys have a data purging system in place, but in the event that there isn't one, it would be great to have a more functional and customizable one in place. I'm not sure how possible this, or the technical aspects of it with MySQL vs SQLite. Having config options to enable/disable automatic purging and the duration a player must be inactive to be purged would be optimal, as well as an in-game command to purge old data upon execution. The command could be /bending purge with the permission bending.command.purge.

Aside from offline lookups, all other commands would be non-default.

All the examples of practical use I gave came from our server's experience, but if anyone has anything to add or more to suggest go for it! I hadn't gotten the chance to start talking to other server administrators before ProjectKorra came along so I only have my experiences to put forward.

Thanks for reading and considering my suggestions :)

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like the spawning grappling hooks and using b who on an offline player. However, due to the way we handle bending players (loading them when they login) this currently isn't possible. Spawning the hooks is. The bypass to me seems too easy to abuse.

runefist

Verified Member
I like the spawning grappling hooks and using b who on an offline player. However, due to the way we handle bending players (loading them when they login) this currently isn't possible. Spawning the hooks is. The bypass to me seems too easy to abuse.
I would love the bypass, just a perms node with a command to toggle it off or on, anyways I think it won't be easy to make :p.

The Addition of Offline Lookups to /bending who [player]
If possible, it would be nice to be able to check a player's bending even when they are offline.
For us, we have rules about griefing areas with bending (like charged fireblast) in a certain radius of protection zones. When we get reports of grief, we have to do tons more questioning and checking just to get the elements of people in the area at the time the grief happened (because we can't remember the elements of every person on the server). Optimally, we could just check it with /b who.
That would actually be pretty easy to make since it gets saved into a database, so it would just need a sql statement to find out what element that player has.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Most of this seems doable and practical enough to implement. Obviously doing Bending lookups on an offline player wouldn't be ideal, nor perform as well as doing it on an online player (as we would be going into the database directly), but I don't see how it could hurt.

runefist

Verified Member
Most of this seems doable and practical enough to implement. Obviously doing Bending lookups on an offline player wouldn't be ideal, nor perform as well as doing it on an online player (as we would be going into the database directly), but I don't see how it could hurt.
When player is online, don't check in the database, when player is not online send a sql statement to the database, sending a statement to the database should not affect the server performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.