• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Addon Developers - Let's Discuss Expanding the API

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, in ProjectKorra (Core) v1.6.0 we will be working to make the addon ability API much more extensive and easy to use. I created the modular ability system back in June, and made it more of a 'learning as I go' though. The API has grown into something huge and dozens of custom abilities have been made with it. I did find, however, upon further investigation into the API that it is missing some features. That's where you guys come in.

Through the course of developing add-on abilities, are there any features you felt the Modular Ability API needed to have? Did you have to find some clever workaround for it?

Please do share all you have.

@Carbogen is responsible for the API development in 1.6.0. I'd like to get the opinions of other addon developers in here as well, so I'll tag them just to send them a notification:

@jedk1 @Blaze590 @OmniCypher @AlexTheCoder @Coolade @SkitzCrafter @Orion_Solus @Fuzzy

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
I love this thread. I have some good ideas that I will post later (on my mobile).

Thanks for including me :3

Mage_x

Verified Member
I am hoping to start a project korra turtorial series once I get Camtasia on my new laptop
Will it be on how to mark a move because if so I'm very interested I can code but I've never gotten how to do the animations

Joeri

Verified Member
Jed once said he wanted a method that he could see when abilities go on cooldown, not when they are. so that he could create an Anti Move Spam addon

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Jed once said he wanted a method that he could see when abilities go on cooldown, not when they are. so that he could create an Anti Move Spam addon
We have an event listener for that, it is called the PlayerCooldownChangeEvent. It is called whenever a cooldown is added OR removed. I'm not sure how up to date it is though, and how many abilities work with it, but that might be a decent place to start.

jedk1

We have an event listener for that, it is called the PlayerCooldownChangeEvent. It is called whenever a cooldown is added OR removed. I'm not sure how up to date it is though, and how many abilities work with it, but that might be a decent place to start.
actually, the idea i want added is a method that tells when a move has been used. not when it goes on cooldown.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I'm not a developer or anything, but is there a 'Being Bloodbent' method or something? A lot of add-on moves don't respect bloodbending and I'm not sure if it exists or not.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
A method that gets what block the player is standing on. I would love this.

(There are other ways of doing this, but a projectkorra method would be awesome)

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think documentation on the methods addon-developers can use would help a lot. That way people will know if methods exist instead of guessing I think