• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Add-on ability config not generating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I'm using PK Core version 1.7.0 BETA 12, but this bug has been persisting since about BETA 10 or so. Whenever I add another add-on ability to my server, config for the move is not generated in the config.yml. Every move will still function and can be used on the server, but the config for them simply isn't created at the end of the file like it usually should. I know all these moves I've downloaded have configuration available, I'm just wondering why they stopped being generated in the config file. If anyone else has this problem, has questions, or knows how to fix it - please leave a comment.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm using PK Core version 1.7.0 BETA 12, but this bug has been persisting since about BETA 10 or so. Whenever I add another add-on ability to my server, config for the move is not generated in the config.yml. Every move will still function and can be used on the server, but the config for them simply isn't created at the end of the file like it usually should. I know all these moves I've downloaded have configuration available, I'm just wondering why they stopped being generated in the config file. If anyone else has this problem, has questions, or knows how to fix it - please leave a comment.
From Beta 12 I believe, and I (and Jed) currently just found a fix by generating "addons.yml".

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
From Beta 12 I believe, and I (and Jed) currently just found a fix by generating "addons.yml".
You mean just creating a blank "addons.yml" file in the plugins\ProjectKorra folder? I tried but the file remained blank when I reloaded/restarted the server.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You mean just creating a blank "addons.yml" file in the plugins\ProjectKorra folder? I tried but the file remained blank when I reloaded/restarted the server.
Well the addons aren't updated yet, now you say so I might have to update mine.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Well, I would post on that move discussion in the custom abilities section as "This is not an official ProjectKorra ability, therefore, no official support will be provided in any threads other than this one. Use at your own risk." Although, it might have something to do with pk in general so nvm ;-;

Are you saying that all the Addon Configs are going to be in a yml other than the config? o_O:confused:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, I would post on that move discussion in the custom abilities section as "This is not an official ProjectKorra ability, therefore, no official support will be provided in any threads other than this one. Use at your own risk." Although, it might have something to do with pk in general so nvm ;-;

Are you saying that all the Addon Configs are going to be in a yml other than the config? o_O:confused:
Nonononononono, it's a PK issue, it's on the Core side.
(I'm keeping that GIF in my signature XD)

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Let me put this to rest, We are redoing various parts of PK such as the ConfigManager. Sadly this will stop addons from being able to add options to the plugins config.yml. However, it's an easy fix for addon makers! You simply need to change ProjectKorra.getConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.getConfig(); and ProjectKorra.saveConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.saveConfig();

Here is an example of my fixed Combustion Addon!

Sorry about this guys o_O we are really trying to fix up the systems PK runs on and sometimes things like this happen...

@jedk1 @Simplicitee @Finn_Bueno_ @dookoo782 @grasshopperMatt @Soarinsorin @AlexTheCoder @moo3oo3oo3 @SenpaiBlaze

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Let me put this to rest, We are redoing various parts of PK such as the ConfigManager. Sadly this will stop addons from being able to add options to the plugins config.yml. However, it's an easy fix for addon makers! You simply need to change ProjectKorra.getConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.getConfig(); and ProjectKorra.saveConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.saveConfig();

Sorry about this guys o_O we are really trying to fix up the systems PK runs on and sometimes things like this happen...

@jedk1 @Simplicitee @Finn_Bueno_ @dookoo782 @grasshopperMatt @Soarinsorin @AlexTheCoder @moo3oo3oo3 @SenpaiBlaze
Thanks for telling us in the beta omni XD

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

I was second :D

Sorin

Verified Member

I was wondering why my fireblade or water whip config wasn't generating. xD

jedk1

oh.... how the joys of jedcore doesnt have this issue xD

I was wondering why my fireblade or water whip config wasn't generating. xD
Why is your name on that gif in your sig spelt wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.