• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Add-on ability config not generating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
Let me put this to rest, We are redoing various parts of PK such as the ConfigManager. Sadly this will stop addons from being able to add options to the plugins config.yml. However, it's an easy fix for addon makers! You simply need to change ProjectKorra.getConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.getConfig(); and ProjectKorra.saveConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.saveConfig();

Here is an example of my fixed Combustion Addon!

Sorry about this guys o_O we are really trying to fix up the systems PK runs on and sometimes things like this happen...

@jedk1 @Simplicitee @Finn_Bueno_ @dookoo782 @grasshopperMatt @Soarinsorin @AlexTheCoder @moo3oo3oo3 @SenpaiBlaze
Is this the only thing that changed? or do i need to change dis too?

Code:
private double RANGE = ProjectKorra.plugin.getConfig().getDouble("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Range");
    private double DAMAGE = ProjectKorra.plugin.getConfig().getDouble("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Damage");

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Is this the only thing that changed? or do i need to change dis too?

Code:
private double RANGE = ProjectKorra.plugin.getConfig().getDouble("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Range");
    private double DAMAGE = ProjectKorra.plugin.getConfig().getDouble("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Damage");
Well yeah, ProjectKorra.plugin no longer exists, ts been replaced with ConfigManager.defaultConfig. ;)

Sorin

Verified Member
Let me put this to rest, We are redoing various parts of PK such as the ConfigManager. Sadly this will stop addons from being able to add options to the plugins config.yml. However, it's an easy fix for addon makers! You simply need to change ProjectKorra.getConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.getConfig(); and ProjectKorra.saveConfig() to ConfigManager.defaultConfig.saveConfig();

Here is an example of my fixed Combustion Addon!

Sorry about this guys o_O we are really trying to fix up the systems PK runs on and sometimes things like this happen...

@jedk1 @Simplicitee @Finn_Bueno_ @dookoo782 @grasshopperMatt @Soarinsorin @AlexTheCoder @moo3oo3oo3 @SenpaiBlaze
What would i change this too?
Code:
private long COOLDOWN = ProjectKorra.plugin.getConfig().getLong("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Cooldown");
EDIT: Just realized that ConfigManager is what is needed....
So it'd be something like dis right?
Code:
    private long COOLDOWN = ConfigManager.defaultConfig.getConfig().getLong("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Cooldown");

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
What would i change this too?
Code:
private long COOLDOWN = ProjectKorra.plugin.getConfig().getLong("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Cooldown");
EDIT: Just realized that ConfigManager is what is needed....
So it'd be something like dis right?
Code:
    private long COOLDOWN = ConfigManager.defaultConfig.getConfig().getLong("ExtraAbilities.Soringaming.WaterWhip.Cooldown");
Mhm

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Fixed in Beta 13, if an addon still doesn't load the config after this update, it's a problem in the addon and should be taken up on the thread for that addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.