• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Acknowledge of the Avatar Mod

Weird that nobody had posted this (or are acknowledge that such thing exists), but some recent weeks ago I found this mod when somebody told about it: Avatar Mod 2: Out of The Iceberg

Haven't explore it full on my game, but I did take a slight look after installing (gonna try it out today in survival gameplay). From the looks of its previews, I adore that it included an actual tamable and flying bison mob and their dedicated stuff (a whistle, horse-alike armor, four different provided seated saddle types). And since the owner made a trello board dedicated for people to post and share their ideas, I'll assume (s)he is open to feedback and consider making changes what fans request for it.

Not the mention, last but not least it includes bending. While it provides very little (last time I check, four for each element) abilities, it would go well with PK on a server that uses these two moddifications. Maybe it doesn't any new abilities (which I wouldn't mind, which PK already provided and will be providing more as their direction's priority), but it would be cool If it did provided more for those who like playing it in singleplayer (heck, the owner (which also fun fact: his a developer of PK) could recreate the plugin's ability with cooler animation and tweaks).

What I'm looking forward to see this plugin introducing in the future:
  • More Fauna & Flaura (more diversive animals and the beginning of plants recreation).
  • Economical system (with the new item called "yuan", which primary used for trading with atla/lok villagers)
  • New villagers/mobs, like water tribers, sun warriors, dai lee.
    • Could also bring main cast, like Sokka, Aang, Toph, Asami, Suki, Beifong Sisters, ect.
  • Spirits (mobs)
  • New dimension ("Spirit world") with its biomes and stuff.
  • Villages.
  • *Runs out of ideas*

Finally, here are the videos about it:

Official Mod Overview and Download Page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2726598-last-updated-7-9-2017-avatar-the-last-airbender

ETA: fix the link to the site (accidentally posted a youtube video link lol, lol).

xNuminousx

I think the mod is sweet but mods aren't really server friendly and that's why so many servers use plugins and not mods.

It could. Look at pixelmon...

Actually I googled it and saw pixelmon came to a development close. Fittingly enough, I saw a comment asking the creator to create a plugin based of The Last Airbender, lol. Could it be that the owner is also the creator of this OFTI (out of the iceberg mod?

Anyway I was saying. Look at to what pixelmon grew into. Although the pop cultural concept of pokemon is more popular than bending, I bet ATLA2 would still do well. I just don't see it failing, depending if the creator/devs continue/devs continue the development further by adding what's needed and keeping it stable.

From a ProjectKorra standpoint view, this would either have to be on a separate Bungee server and check that people have the Mod before logging on or it wouldn't work. The regular ProjectKorra Plugin cannot generate new GUI's such as that circular one or new mobs efficiently without bringing in other dependencies and plugins from other places. It's a good thought and those videos are pretty good, but having to do all of the work for it might seem long and laborious. There would have to be custom texture packs as well put on with this and everything. I'd love to see if this would go anywhere but without the use of modifications, it couldn't happen.

Regards
I'm well aware that not everybody would be access the server and therefor the collaboration between the do isn't reasonable. Although that wasn't my focus of the thread and I wasn't putting much thoughs whenever how the server would do well If it were to used the plugin and the mod together.

If PK department does help (collaborating with the team/creator of ATLA2) out creating and animating abilities, or If the mod itself alone offers new interesting abilities that stand out from PK's (they might not like ripping off), it could attract the fanbase players in a similar fashion like the pixelmod.

I should probably tag the creator and credit/honour for the effort of bringing this mod back - @CrowsOfWar. I send you good luck and encourage on working for this amazing mod :)

xNuminousx

Even still, mods are less user/server friendly to deal with. This plugin will likely always be more popular than the mod as far as public use because only 1 person has to deal with the plugin versus each individual person dealing with the mod including the server owner setting up their modded server.

I think plugins are more efficient than mods, just my opinions. More user friendly.

Even still, mods are less user/server friendly to deal with. This plugin will likely always be more popular than the mod as far as public use because only 1 person has to deal with the plugin versus each individual person dealing with the mod including the server owner setting up their modded server.
Don't know whenever setting it up is difficult or easy for the server owner, but I always keep an open mind If I happen to be not educate under what goes with technical limitation stuff.

Maybe it will be popular, maybe it will not. Though I believe in the latter B possibility. If does bring something interesting to the whole minecraft game (like the plugin but even more), it could actually attract more server owners to download it and load on the server, while encouraging the players who want to join in the modding experence download it as well to get access to their server.

Whenever the creator of the mod likes the idea of expanding it to the mutiplayer and makes it compatible, that also adds up the likelyhood of promoting it for more atla2 mod server population growth and its multiplayer community as a whole

xNuminousx

Well bringing Project Korra to a mod would open up so many doors that break so many of the things that you're limited to. A different GUI and new animations isn't the main difference between plugin and mod. You'd be able to work with mobs without dependencies as well as NPCs, you could probably have more control over a Spirit World, and improve on the arrangement of Pk as a whole. There are so many opportunities to bringing Pk to a mod.

However, as I said plugins are more user friendly which is why I think the plugin will always remain more popular and receive more support then the mod would.

Well bringing Project Korra to a mod would open up so many doors that break so many of the things that you're limited to. A different GUI and new animations isn't the main difference between plugin and mod. You'd be able to work with mobs without dependencies as well as NPCs, you could probably have more control over a Spirit World, and improve on the arrangement of Pk as a whole. There are so many opportunities to bringing Pk to a mod.

However, as I said plugins are more user friendly which is why I think the plugin will always remain more popular and receive more support then the mod would.
Indeed, I agree - GUI and animation makes only a slight or little impact. I'd expect and hope, looking forward to new mobs, new generate builds, new biomes, a new dimension, ect. Yeah, with a mod you can pass limitations which a plugin can't, giving the possibilities of introducing stuff like mud bending (with the introduction of a mob), steam bending, comet|eclipse backdrop changes, rainbending and more that we couldn't get in the plugin.

I agree that plugins might or will remain more popular, but when it comes to a particular thing - twists can happen ;)