• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A small change to air's already existent passive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machi

Verified Member
I've come with a more personal wish to state. Airbenders have long been immune to fall damage, with that I am fine. However, I am troubled in that earthbenders have a neat passive for landing on the ground, whereas airbenders do not!

This is a small cosmetic change, and possible function change if the second part of my suggestion is also taken to heart.

Firstly, the cosmetic change- When the airbender lands, a small gush of air particles will appear around them, not dissimilar in radius in the earth landing passive animation. The difference would most prominently be that the particles would start from the body of the airbender (to simulate them using their bending to prevent a harsh fall).

Secondly, possible function change- The function change that might be considerable would also be changing the way in which the landing passive works. This function change would be that, like the show, the airbender would slow down as they got close to the ground, using air gusts from themselves to slow their fall as they are about to land, simulating that the airbender itself is not immune to falling from great heights, but that he can prevent the pain of such a fall using his own bending. This would appear as an airbender falling, and possible 2-4 blocks off the ground slowing down with an animation to land. This would be the same as the current passive, however, in that it would just be a passive and not a move, landing would do this automatically.

Thank you

SuperBower118

Verified Member
With airbenders slowing down to stop themselves from the fall, it's kinda ruin the logic that Falling Airburst has.
Though I'm not saying this is bad, it'd kinda mess with Falling Airbursts

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
For the slowing down aesthetic, it might be irritating to wait patently to finally land as fast as you could, because you will of course be expecting surrounded by a bunch of people trying to assassinate you while you're stucked in slow motion fall. This will make airbenders vulnerable, as the people that are touching the ground will have an advantage to kill you easily.

Machi

Verified Member
This should/can easily be countered by using airblast again before you land on the ground, or if it's that big of a deal just making it cancelled with a shift, however I wasn't suggesting a long slowdown, just a quick burst of it similar to going into gamemode flight and out of it rapidly

SuperBower118

Verified Member
This should/can easily be countered by using airblast again before you land on the ground, or if it's that big of a deal just making it cancelled with a shift, however I wasn't suggesting a long slowdown, just a quick burst of it similar to going into gamemode flight and out of it rapidly
Still doesn't solve the problem of a Falling Airburst

paliate

Verified Member
i believe the animation for falling was discussed a bit over a year ago.
don't know what happened, but this should definitely be put into the plugin in terms of falling animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.