• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A better solution for combing two moves: IceBlast + IceSpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBall

Verified Member
Name: Ice Strike
Element: Water
Type: Offensive
How to Use: Shift on the water and Left Click on the enemy. If you continue to click, the IceStrike will move in the direction you want it to go. Additionally, if you do not select a source, and click on ice, an ice pillar will be raised, similar to IceSpike.
Description: Iceblast and IceSpike are waterbending abilities that are rarely used!
Disadvantages of IceBlast:
1) Can only be used from an ice block;
2) You can't control it.
Disadvantages of IceSpike:
1) Does little damage;
2) Can be spammed.
But the most important thing is that they take up slots that could be used for other abilities! I therefore propose to combine the abilities into one ability.
IceBlast + IceSpike = IceStrike
It would be an ability like WaterManipulation but it would be made of ice. This should be of conventional ice with particles, akin to freeze water arm mode's particles, flying behind the IceStrike... The ability wouldn't be spammable because you could use only three strikes. Then the ability would go on cooldown. Below I will explain its benefits!
Configurable Aspects: Radius - 15; Damage - 1 heart; Strength of slowness - 3; Length of slowness - 3; Cooldown - 5 seconds; Night factor the same as WaterManipulation.

How is this not OP?
1) IceStrike does not deal a large amount of damage;
2) IceStrike has a cooldown;
3) Сan only used from water and ice.

How is this useful?
1) Instead of two abilities use one;
2) Will help to get rid of Watermanipulation spam;
3) Leaves one slot free.

I believe that IceBlast and IceSpike aren't powerful enough on their own. If we combine the techniques we'll get a decent ability, which will hopefully entice waterbenders to bind it, and use it.

Confirmation in the show!

Last edited:

Dnil

Verified Member
Yes, a surprising move, even in the show! This would be great, especially the preservation of free slot.
Support this ability!

Hero

Verified Member
How to Use: Shift on the water and Left Click on the enemy. If you continue to click, the IceStrike will move in the direction you want it to go. Additionally, if you do not select a source, and click on ice, an ice pillar will be raised, similar to IceSpike.
Description: Iceblast and IceSpike are waterbending abilities that are rarely used!
2) You can't control it.
1) Does little damage;
2) Can be spammed.
But the most important thing is that they take up slots that could be used for other abilities! I therefore propose to combine the abilities into one ability.
It would be an ability like WaterManipulation but it would be made of ice. This should be of conventional ice with particles, akin to freeze water arm mode's particles, flying behind the IceStrike... The ability wouldn't be spammable because you could use only three strikes. Then the ability would go on cooldown. Below I will explain its benefits!
Configurable Aspects: Radius - 15; Damage - 1 heart; Strength of slowness - 3; Length of slowness - 3; Cooldown - 5 seconds; Night factor the same as WaterManipulation.

How is this not OP?

How is this useful?
3) Leaves one slot free.

I believe that IceBlast and IceSpike aren't powerful enough on their own. If we combine the techniques we'll get a decent ability, which will hopefully entice waterbenders to bind it, and use it.

I dont like this to be honest. Its nice to have moves combined and stuff for space, but this isn't all the great.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
2) You can't control it.
1) Does little damage;
2) Can be spammed.

How is this not OP?

How is this useful?
3) Leaves one slot free.

I like! It makes more room and helps diversity. Although, I would rather have iceblast shoot a configurable number of icespikes like from the gif about instead of spamming it. Maybe add a mini cooldown of some sort like IceBlast but keep the directable and redirectable effect like IceSpike.

promancer

Verified Member
I like! It makes more room and helps diversity. Although, I would rather have iceblast shoot a configurable number of icespikes like from the gif about instead of spamming it. Maybe add a mini cooldown of some sort like IceBlast but keep the directable and redirectable effect like IceSpike.
Sorry, gotta disagree with you on diversity. On one side, I love how this thread allows less space taken up and want to completely support, but the purpose of these moves werent put together was to add diversity to binds. Im not hating on multi-move abilities, but im saying keeping a bit of diversity is nice.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I don't really see a purpose in having the user spam click a certain amount of times for the icestrike to be movable considering how easy it is to be movable...

DanBall

Verified Member
Thanks ;)

Hero

Verified Member
This isn't diversity.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It will be diversity, because many waterbenders don't use an IceBlast and IceSpike! :p
Maybe on your server they don't use that- but a lot of the skilled waterbenders I've fought have used icespike effectively to slow me down. Either way, you're basically combining two moves that really already had a similar function- only that one was more powerful than the other but had a limitation while the other had an additional feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.