• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

11/14/2014 Weekly Update

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello all, here goes the first major weekly update in a few weeks. Just to address some confusion as to what this update entails, it is more of a status update instead of a new build being released. In this post I plan to discuss where the project is, where it is going, and what is going on in the near future, I apologize for any confusion.

Statistics
  • 1,063 Forum Members
  • 138 Servers using ProjectKorra as of this post being created.
    • This stat is gathered using PluginMetrics. If you would like your server to be included in this, go into the PluginMetrics folder (inside of your plugins folder) on your server and make sure opt-in is set to true!
Forum Security

If you have noticed, there have been some issues with spammers gaining access to the forum. I know this has been getting on people’s nerves, it has been bothering me lately to. I continue to encourage you to not click any links from those that you do not trust, especially if they have no other posts and no profile picture.

That said, I have began to take steps to make it harder for these guys to get through the forum. These are usually spam bots, I have added additional steps to the registration process that is easy for humans, but may be troublesome for spam bots. This is not guaranteed to work 100%, in fact it probably wont. Some may slip through the cracks -- oh well.

Staff Changes

As the community continues to grow, and based on where I want the project to go in the coming weeks and months, it is necessary to make some staff changes. Pretty soon, we are gearing up to release ProjectKorra (Core) v1.5.0, which will have the simulataneous release of ProjectKorra (RPG). It won’t take too much longer after that until we begin work on other side projects, such as ProjectKorra (Spirits) and the official Probending addon to our plugin. That said, we will need to divide up our resources to create the most time efficient system for the project.

Essentially, I am looking to hire developers in the near future. If this is something you are interested in, and you don’t already have an application in, you can feel free to post one by visiting the Applications area of the ProjectKorra forum. Note, in order to be eligible for such a position you must be flexible to work on any of the projects. We may assign you where we need to in order to hit development goals.

Additionally, we are changing up what “Concept Designer” means. In addition to helping us plan out features in explicit detail, they will likely take on a role that filters suggestions out. Read more about the Suggestions issue later in the post.

Suggestions

It doesn’t take any sort of genius to know that the suggestions forum is extremely cluttered. Some have referred to the “Looking Into” as a purgatory of sorts for suggestions. While we do value the suggestions that are made, as many of them are insightful, we aren’t exactly being too productive with the system.

Because of that, all suggestions currently marked as “Looking Into” to filter out those that we will inevitably deny or are actually still looking into. This will hopefully give us a decent starting point as we pick development back up full speed.

ProjectKorra (Core) Message

Prior to the temporary development freeze, we had completed a lot of what needed to be done in 1.5.0. We still have a lot to do, things such as Earth, Water, and Chi combos. As far as I know, these are either in the planning stage (Earth and Chi), or some of the abilities are being worked on (Water). That may take a couple of weeks to finish up, but until then, we will likely be releasing some smaller features and fixes to make the plugin more convenient. Once the entire first round of combos are in, we are essentially ready to release 1.5.0 in full and ProjectKorra (RPG)

ProjectKorra (RPG) Message

We are actually much further along in RPG development than I thought we were. We apparently went extremely hard prior to the temporary development freeze, and in doing so, we find that we are almost done with the first ProjectKorra (RPG). There is still another large feature or two that we have to work on before we are ready to release it, and it is likely this will finish before ProjectKorra (Core) 1.5.0. If they will be finished relatively close to one another, we will just wait and release the two of them together, otherwise, we may release this one first. As of now, it is planned that they should both be finished around the same time.

Website

I am thinking of redesigning the entire forum and website for ProjectKorra. I am thinking of creating a legitimate website for the project, with the forum just being one of the links. Think of a website similar to the likes of FTB or something like that. Additionally, the wiki is coming along nicely, we’ve had some users work on that during the downtime and that is much further ahead than I thought it would be, so thanks a ton!

Essentially, the whole premise of this update is just to reaffirm that things will begin moving forward in the very near future. We just sort of need to figure out exactly where we are before we can really decide on what is next. I am looking to “clean up” what we already have, all inclusive of course, before we really focus on pushing too many new things for the project.

Thank you guys so much for your patience these last few weeks. I know they have been long, but I promise you the wait will ultimately be worth it. If you have any questions about the project whatsoever, leave them here. I’ll try to answer what I can (and what I’m willing to give out). Avoid questions like “Are you adding ABILITY NAME HERE?” Thanks again.

V

Vidcom

WaterCombos are in development right now folks, as are Earth and Chi in planning. You heard it here first

Joeri

I just have a very big question, What will the RPG focus on? Expect for RPG ofc, Sub-Elements? or like levelling bending?

Madocean

OMF YES im super excited about the whole thing and i have butt loads of ideas for new moves and stuff that involve the new subelements i might apply for concept ^.^ any thoughts? I do plan eventually to apply for dev, i absolutely love the plugin but im not very skilled with javascript yet |I

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
OMF YES im super excited about the whole thing and i have butt loads of ideas for new moves and stuff that involve the new subelements i might apply for concept ^.^ any thoughts? I do plan eventually to apply for dev, i absolutely love the plugin but im not very skilled with javascript yet |I
Javascript is for web design, this is Java

Moonelight

At first I wasn't really hyping over the RPG... but now I kind of am. Only because I really want to see how different it is from Core... Now that I think about it, all the maps made for the RPG by fans! That would be so cool to play on one c:

Spirits I anticipate the most because it would give both the Core and RPG new opportunitys to be different, and not just based out on fighting. That's actually something that bothers me on this plugin, no moves meant to do something other than help in combat/mobility... I guess I'll make a suggestion? :)