• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.9 Support??

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
Hello guys, we have all seen the amazing new updates that came :D
the thing is, they are not updated for 1.9, the sounds are not replaced by the 1.9 sounds, causing huge lag...

jedk1

Which is why we have said. many. many times. we will update to 1.9 when we start work on pk 1.9.
pk 1.8 is gonna finish on mc 1.8

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
If you're talking about errors caused by you using a 1.8 plugin on a 1.9 server then no, not until we update.
Hm okay, I've turned off the sounds for each element in config.yml.
Playsound: false
Recommend this to anyone with the same issue, its helps a bit, however i cant disable some certain sounds.

Loony

Verified Member
Hm okay, I've turned off the sounds for each element in config.yml.
Playsound: false
Recommend this to anyone with the same issue, its helps a bit, however i cant disable some certain sounds.
Why not just downgrade to 1.8 until we provide 1.9 support?

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
Sounds easy guys but I can't downgrade it now, I made all the process for my server to go to 1.9, it took me a day, I don't even remember what I made xD
So I can't downgrade it.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Note for other server owners looking to upgrade: It is possible to install a plugin that lets 1.9 players join your server even when your server is still on 1.8. Many big servers like Hypixel, etc, are still on 1.8 but just allow 1.9 players to connect, giving them more time to update/add full support for it while keeping their playerbase. This may be a good alternative for a lot of servers, since PK is yet to be properly ported to 1.9.

And because I am so nice, I even gave you all a link to said magical plugin. :)
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/viaversion.19254/

Hope that helps some people ;)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sounds easy guys but I can't downgrade it now, I made all the process for my server to go to 1.9, it took me a day, I don't even remember what I made xD
So I can't downgrade it.
Than suffer with the errors until the next update supports 1.9 or ask @jedk1 or someone alike that can make it compatible. :D

matanrak

Verified Member
Which is why we have said. many. many times. we will update to 1.9 when we start work on pk 1.9.
pk 1.8 is gonna finish on mc 1.8
jed could you please share with us your project korra 1.9 that you use on your server?
it would really help us all

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I imagine that he can't as that is probably a BETA 1.9.0 build of PK and since he is the owner of that server and a developer he gets to test it and work on it. That's probably so you guys can get 1.9.0 faster than if he didn't test it. Also he wants to make his players happy :p

jedk1

jed could you please share with us your project korra 1.9 that you use on your server?
it would really help us all
I imagine that he can't as that is probably a BETA 1.9.0 build of PK and since he is the owner of that server and a developer he gets to test it and work on it. That's probably so you guys can get 1.9.0 faster than if he didn't test it. Also he wants to make his players happy :p
Sadly I can't give my 1.9 version out, as the projectkorra eula forbids you from handing out and redistributing PK. Also the build i have on my server is nothing to do with the PK team. Its a version I updated my self so I could run 1.9.

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
Than suffer with the errors until the next update supports 1.9 or ask @jedk1 or someone alike that can make it compatible. :D
It's more serious than you think, except all those plugins i am using, I had to change many plugins's default sounds to 1.9 sounds but that's nothing, my survival world uses custom biomes, and they how they are right now they are regenerated for 1.9 and they are completely incompatible with 1.8 (It's a plugin that makes the biomes lighter and uses). I have already reset the world for my players and I can't do that to them and destroy their buildings, I've already did 2 resets in total, I don't want to make more for just this, but anyway it's not causing lag and everything works right in bending except sounds, so I can wait :)

Also guys I never asked for a 1.9 build from anyone, just asking what are you planning to do and I already took my answer, thanks and lock the thread please!

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I loved how everyone is still hung up about this. I did post a suggestion but all I seemed to do was bump the thread lol

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Sadly I can't give my 1.9 version out, as the projectkorra eula forbids you from handing out and redistributing PK. Also the build i have on my server is nothing to do with the PK team. Its a version I updated my self so I could run 1.9.
Oh :p