• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.5.0 BETA 18

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Earthbenders rejoice -- a little bit. Earthbenders are getting some cool stuff pretty soon, maybe not combos, but some cool stuff. (Maybe we'll stop ignoring Metalbending?????) -- More on this will be released in this Friday's Weekly Community Update.

• General Changes
    • bending.admin.remove is now in the bending.admin parent permission node.
  • Earthbending Changes
    • LavaSurge Completely Reworked
      • This ability is practically nothing like what it was before. It has been rewritten to make it more of its own ability instead of looking like a Waterbending copy with Lava.
        • This ability was missing some of the "Gravity" feel that comes with Lavabending, no longer! It isn't as fast as it was, but it's still pretty cool. We are using falling blocks to make the Lava look a tad more realistic.
        • You no longer need a lava source. You can now use any Earthbendable block. To use, simply tap sneak (Default: Shift) to select the block and left click to send the wave off. The ground will open up, creating a temporary pool of lava.

dNiym

Verified Member
I'm not sure how this new lavasurge ability is supposed to look but for some reason i'm getting a lava pit instead...
It's quite slow (requiring a full 6 seconds to convert the earth to the lava pool) as the blocks of lava form an area that looks like a smaller version of lavaflow.

Exhibit A

Then after its formed, the bottom falls out of it and creates a pit.. Which closes up in about 3/4 of a second If you're unfortunate enough to be standing in it you end up stuck underground and suffocating.
Exhibit B

I was half expecting a wall to rise up move forward and fall on the opponent.. It seems more like a pit and less like a surge this way..

Also if you left click... It Slows WAAAAAY down taking a very long time to continue forming the pool before the pit.

Joeri

Verified Member
Tbh i think you guys are rushing a little bit to much, In my opinion its better to give each element a fair amount of combo's before starting on other things (Fire has 5, Air has 3, And water has 2, That's unbalanced)

Joeri

Verified Member
I'm not sure how this new lavasurge ability is supposed to look but for some reason i'm getting a lava pit instead...
It's quite slow (requiring a full 6 seconds to convert the earth to the lava pool) as the blocks of lava form an area that looks like a smaller version of lavaflow.

Exhibit A

Then after its formed, the bottom falls out of it and creates a pit.. Which closes up in about 3/4 of a second If you're unfortunate enough to be standing in it you end up stuck underground and suffocating.
Exhibit B

I was half expecting a wall to rise up move forward and fall on the opponent.. It seems more like a pit and less like a surge this way..

Also if you left click... It Slows WAAAAAY down taking a very long time to continue forming the pool before the pit.
On my server something completly different happends, it takes 3 seconds to form a pool, then afterwards sends a pretty big wave of lava forward

Joeri

Verified Member
Okay simple explanation for people not knowing how to use

First: Shift on the ground, particles will appear
Second: Left Click in the direction you want lava to go.
Third: Lava pool will form and send massive wave into direction you clicked
Fourth: Profit.

Joeri

Verified Member
It's so hard to hit with LavaSurge right now, because it's slow and it's so hard to aim, I have a suggestion, When the lava hits the ground it dissapears at the moment, Which is unlogic. My suggestion is that when it hit's the ground the wave would glide forward untill it reaches it's range, Making it more easy to aim with

Helios

Verified Member
Carbogen gave me an updated version of the move. When you shift at a block and left click, it makes a 'plus' shape of lava and then shoots. It doesn't take long at all and its a very cool move :D.

Joeri

Verified Member
Carbogen gave me an updated version of the move. When you shift at a block and left click, it makes a 'plus' shape of lava and then shoots. It doesn't take long at all and its a very cool move :D.
For me it takes like 2-3 seconds to form, that's pretty long, in that time your target has already moved 5 blocks to avoid the wave comming at them

Carbogen

Verified Member
Okay so about LavaSurge, yes, it's not meant to be that way. I made the HUGE mistake of using the "Radius" configuration file variable. This variable existed with the old LavaSurge, and its old value messes the new one up.

If you intend to use this new LavaSurge, please CHANGE THE CONFIG VARIABLE "Radius" to 1.

Joeri

Verified Member
Okay so about LavaSurge, yes, it's not meant to be that way. I made the HUGE mistake of using the "Radius" configuration file variable. This variable existed with the old LavaSurge, and its old value messes the new one up.

If you intend to use this new LavaSurge, please CHANGE THE CONFIG VARIABLE "Radius" to 1.
Ah, i already did and i was like "wow radius 1 is way better" xD

dNiym

Verified Member

Heh...
The pit is kinda neat in person.. If you cant duplicate it and wanna see it in person pm me lol. Ill try changing the radius and see if that fixes her.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Tbh i think you guys are rushing a little bit to much, In my opinion its better to give each element a fair amount of combo's before starting on other things (Fire has 5, Air has 3, And water has 2, That's unbalanced)
I don't think we can even be accused of rushing anything. The raw number of Combos isn't what matters at all. Here's a brief explanation as to why they are the way they are:

First and foremost, Fire was simply the easiest to work with and create quality combo moves out of. It had a very "complete" move set and moves that tied together well.

Air has three solid Combos, Water has 2. We aren't trying to create 5 in each element, because we could throw together some pretty stupid combinations to tie them all out. However, I am content with the amount of Combos each element has (We will probably expand on them all as time goes on like we do with abilities).

As far as Earth goes, we aren't moving on from Combos. Earth just doesn't have the stuff there to create useful Combos. We never explicitly promised them, simply said they were planned. They still are. We have to make the element itself a bit more well rounded before we can move directly into Combos.

If anything, Combos were meant to sort of balance the elements as a whole. One thing wrong with this whole thing is people often think that if one element gets a new ability, they all should get new abilities, otherwise it is unbalanced. That is simply not the case. In my opinion, Water is one of the more well rounded elements, and thus, we have little to do on it. Air however, was lacking offense, so we added offense to it.

Are you moving faster than we were last week? Yes. Are we rushing? No.

Also, keep in mind, these are dev builds. We are gearing up for our 1.5.0 release at the moment, so these builds are meant to be sort of feature heavy.

U

UnlitedOwns

- When you walk away of the active Lavsurge you get a huge lagspike due to the amount of particles.
- Players seem to get 'lavabuckets' (stackable) while bending. Not sure which move causes this.