• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

new command! /b reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm quite sure I'm not the only one which thinks this is annoying. You are building and press shift, and then you accidentally use earthgrab, raise earth, etc. I think it is really annoying. Most ppl think "just do /b t", but sometimes, you forget to do that and then that happens. That is why I want to introduce an idea for a new command:

/bending reverse (earth/plants/all) [radius]

this command will reverse all earthbending, plantbending or do both. You wouldn't have access to this command by default. You need permissions for it. Maybe something like bending.command.reverse

That is all I have to say about it for now. I hope you like this idea. Let me know what you think about it :)

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think that's a pretty good idea. I can definitely see how useful it would be and how much frustration it will save.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think that's a pretty good idea. I can definitely see how useful it would be and how much frustration it will save.
It happened to me many times. 14 times to be exactly (in 30 minutes >->)

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I believe the correct term would be to "revert". I believe moves like EarthBlast do that by default already, but a command to accelerate it would be neat.

Also, perms for abilities are bending.ability.(move). Not sure about commands, but it probably would be among the lines of bending.command.revert.

On a side note:

(This identifies a plugin, in this case "bending", others like "serversigns" work like this too).(this indicates the part of the plugin that is relevant to the permission: "ability" is self-explanatory.).(the actual permission. If you want access to bloodbending, enabled to OPs only by default, it'd be "bloodbending".)

Then again, other than bending.ability.(move), I'm not familiar with other permission nodes, so I don't know if there is a more appropriate term than bending.command implemented.

Helios

Verified Member
Awesome idea! I ran into a similar problem yesterday. I was building an arena and the floor was mycelium. It was a cylinder with a radius of 90 with nothing non-earthbendable below the mycelium(it was in mid-air). So, I accidentally shifted to fly lower and collapsed a big part of the arena. So I would love this!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
/bending reload
Already reverses everything, Also earthblast, raiseearth, etc already have auto reverse
This command is for reversing all of that earth bending stuff immediately. Helios gave a very good example of a situation in which this command would be very useful.
I was building an arena and the floor was mycelium. It was a cylinder with a radius of 90 with nothing non-earthbendable below the mycelium(it was in mid-air). So, I accidentally shifted to fly lower and collapsed a big part of the arena. So I would love this!
That is what this command is for, to quickly reset an earth bending mistake. /b reload does more than only reversing earthbending/plantbending, it has no radius or plant/earthbending variable and it takes longer to run.

Joeri

Verified Member
This command is for reversing all of that earth bending stuff immediately. Helios gave a very good example of a situation in which this command would be very useful.

That is what this command is for, to quickly reset an earth bending mistake. /b reload does more than only reversing earthbending/plantbending, it has no radius or plant/earthbending variable and it takes longer to run.
/bending reload reverses earthbending

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
/bending reload reverses earthbending
That is true. /b reload reverses earthbending, but /b reverse is not different from /b reload.

1. /b reverse let's you reverse earthbending AND plantbending, not only earthbending.
  2. /b reload does a lot more than just reverting earthbending. It reloads everything which can take a long time or cause much lag.
  3. /b reload doesn't have those variables I mentioned. I'm talking about the things between the {} and the [], let's say /b reverse has better options.
  4. It is a very handy admin/staff command. When an admin is building something and accidentally uses (for example) collapse, he won't have to do /b reload (which will make the whole server lag and prevent anyone from bending) but he can just do /b reverse. This won't interrupt any bending or other things.
That is why I think it should be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.