• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pending Review Suggestion: Forum Changes

Chaoz

Yello, flameo!

I think adding more tags than there currently are for threads on the forums would help making the forums more useful and accessible
That way, players can find exactly what they're looking for (if it exists)

For example, the addon abilities all only have one of 7 tags currently. That is: Earthbending, Waterbending, Firebending, Airbending, Chiblocking, Abandoned & Misc.
There have been many times where I personally would be looking for specific addons I don't remember the name of which, but remember their subelement such as Lava, Plant, Metal, etc. Adding Subelement tags that one can pile on top of the base element tag for the resources would be an extremely useful addition, and would help with further categorizing addons.

Also, another suggestion would be to make inactive/unpopular section categories be listed below, as they're the least used. Scrolling down past unused, inactive categories has always been something I hate about the forums. It would make the forums much more accessible if the most active categories were listed on the top.
Currently, the most active part of the forums is Addon Resources. PUT RESOURCES AT THE TOP THEN!
Secondly, whilst the forums aren't currently used that much by Forge users, the Avatar Mod is still a BIG part of the ProjectKorra name, in fact, the mod is bigger than the plugin. Making the forums a gather-place for Forge users aswell would be very beneficial for the website, and it would also help our dear mod developer with organization. The Forge section should add a Showcase and Unofficial Server List category aswell!

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hi Chaoz! Thank you for the suggestions. I've been looking at ways to revamp the forum and change the structure in a way that makes sense so this suggestion is certainly helpful. I've made note of some of your suggestions and will look to see what I can do / how it can be implemented.

I encourage others to participate in this discussion and talk through some of their suggestions for the forum as well!

One obvious change that I implemented quickly last week was in an attempt to point people toward Discord. There's a notice at the top for users to join the Discord. We still want people using the forum as it is more "permanent" and the threaded structure is more helpful, but for quick support, the Discord is probably the place to go.

Thanks again!

xNuminousx

Might I suggest a "Spirit" tag for add-ons as well :) Developers are able to use my plugin to create Spirit abilities (several already have, one add-on of which is already on the forums) so that would be nice.

Chaoz

Might I suggest a "Spirit" tag for add-ons as well :) Developers are able to use my plugin to create Spirit abilities (several already have, one add-on of which is already on the forums) so that would be nice.
Perhaps there could be some sort of Required Amount of Addons for a new element/subelement for it to be given its own tag.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Perhaps there could be some sort of Required Amount of Addons for a new element/subelement for it to be given its own tag.
So this suggestion has been mostly implemented now. I've added subcategories to the "Custom Abilities" to clean it up a bit under Resources. Each element now has its own subcategory (Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Chi) and I've also added a few subelement prefixes. Once you click into a custom ability section it becomes easier to filter. This will rely on ability developers to categorize their abilities correctly going forward. I've spot-checked and categorized some already.