• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [Earth Combo] Earth Rupture

Would you like to see this added?

• I have no idea what this is about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simply horrid

• Why would you even?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
(This is not a move that creates an earthquake or fissure)

On a server, I noticed that earth bending attacks could be easily dodged because they only went in a single direction that could become obvious when going against an EarthBender. In the show, the attacks were very random because walls of earth would come out of nowhere and if they are fighting on the earth ground, the whole entire floor would become its enemy. So I was thinking of an attack that could be easily controlled and the range would be far and close so I came up with this.

Earth Rupture: Collapse (Shift)> EarthLine (Shift 3 Seconds)> EarthLine (Click)> EarthLine (Shift+Hold)= Rupture

What It Does: When you shift+hold after completing the combo, you end up with a moving EarthLine that follows your cross-hair(The center of your screen). You hold shift and move your mouse so the Rupture can snake and move on the ground. It will leave a trail of the reversed earth blocks for a few minutes (See list down below). When you release shift, the Rupture will create a small explosion/small area damage that will deal about 5 Damage (2.5 hearts) and launch the opponent in the air for 5 blocks which will also take away half-a-heart from fall damage. To make it less OP, it will have a 5 second cooldown. This ability will allow you to create an attack that will actually make your opponent to run and dodge an attack instead of charging at you like there's no tomorrow.

What the Rupture Trail Leaves Behind

Dirt/Grass>Stone
Stone>Cobble
Sand>Sand Stone and so on....

If you don't like the small explosion idea, than you can replace it with a block of earth that launches the player in the air while dealing damage and fall damage.

You Have No Idea What Rupture Will Look Like: A single block of earth that follows your mouse. If you move your mouse, it will leave an EarthLine trail. When the EarthLine trail passes by, it will also revert the Earth blocks it passed through to its other form (See the list above). This stone/cobble/sandstone thing is completely optional because the only thing it does is to make bending on it difficult or show that someone used the attack.

Anyway.. so yah. I hope that you will take this idea into consideration. :D

Last edited:

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
The EarthLine effect is a major part of this move so thats why EarthLine is mentioned 80% of the time. You can replace the trail effect with some dirt particles if you prefer it that way. But I would like to use the line effect because it represents the earth block moving through the ground.

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
Imagine the Collapse as a move that condenses and charges the moving/attacking block up and then upon release, the force goes outwards (the explosion).

Blockkkster

Verified Member
Well you can already hold shift after using EarthLine to control it with your crosshair. Also, I'm like 99% sure that EarthLine is still a fan made ability. (Not Core)

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
Well you can already hold shift after using EarthLine to control it with your crosshair. Also, I'm like 99% sure that EarthLine is still a fan made ability. (Not Core)
You can? *Wide Eyed* *Slaps himself* Im learning more things everyday...
[Edit] Found out that the control for EarthLine isn't really that good. It keeps on going on so it never stays still so Rupture gives it 100% control+more damage

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Denied because of the use of EarthLine in the suggestion. EarthLine is not an official ProjectKorra ability, it is an addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.