• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Leveling System!

I've played using this plugin on servers for a really long time now and recently I've been wondering... A leveling system could be amazing in this plugin... The more you bend the more experience you get, more experience makes you level up! As you level up your moves get stronger and stronger. When max level is reached, you have mastered the element!
Example: A water bender, the higher the level the bigger the phasechanges, surges , stronger watermanip, torrents, maybe even faster healingwaters, faster waterspouts etc... And maybe at some point they become as powerful in the day as a "level 1" in the night/full moon. That way a high/max level waterbender can be EVEN STRONGER at night/full moon!
This is my suggestion, I hope you take it into consideration!
Thank you!

Search it up! Many times suggested, many times denied (because the execution of "making abilities stronger" (and thus giving unfair disadvantage to new players and many other issues this concept would bring up). There other plugins out there (not affiliated by ProjectKorra) that helps you establish this system that limits the bending the way as you written down here.

The Closest developers had (or still have, as the discussion was held a few years back) plans for is a RPG Skill Tree.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Search it up! Many times suggested, many times denied (because the execution of "making abilities stronger" (and thus giving unfair disadvantage to new players and many other issues this concept would bring up). There other plugins out there (not affiliated by ProjectKorra) that helps you establish this system that limits the bending the way as you written down here.

The Closest developers had (or still have, as the discussion was held a few years back) plans for is a RPG Skill Tree.
I've played using this plugin on servers for a really long time now and recently I've been wondering... A leveling system could be amazing in this plugin... The more you bend the more experience you get, more experience makes you level up! As you level up your moves get stronger and stronger. When max level is reached, you have mastered the element!
Example: A water bender, the higher the level the bigger the phasechanges, surges , stronger watermanip, torrents, maybe even faster healingwaters, faster waterspouts etc... And maybe at some point they become as powerful in the day as a "level 1" in the night/full moon. That way a high/max level waterbender can be EVEN STRONGER at night/full moon!
This is my suggestion, I hope you take it into consideration!
Thank you!
This is going to implemented in the mod! In fact, moves can already level up, and firebenders and waterbenders are stronger depending on the weather and time of day!
The next major update will contain skill trees, the avatar, a better HUD, more moves, bugfixes, and structures!
In fact, the next update/update after that will contain at least 3 new moves!
However, I don't think there are any plans for this in the plugin :(

Last edited:
Haha, you're both in luck! This is going to implemented in the mod!
The plugin is quite vastly different from a mod. Not that I'm assuming the OP desires for such system in a mod, but I mean If you look at what child forum this thread is located, I doubt it is like that from the looks of things (unless miswrote it in the wrong part section of the forum).

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
The plugin is quite vastly different from a mod. Not that I'm assuming the OP desires for such system in a mod, but I mean If you look at what child forum this thread is located, I doubt it is like that from the looks of things (unless miswrote it in the wrong part section of the forum).
I know! I was just telling them that the mod will have it, as they seem really excited by the prospect of a more RPG-like feel to the plugin. Also, you're really quick at replying!
What are you, some kind of speed demon??? xD

I guess. Not that I know the person and whether is interested or the demography for the mod counterpart, but.... Just it sounded off the way you put it. Ya know, the "Haha, you're both in luck!" when the mod isn't relevant where the suggestion posted lol. (By no means I'm implying you did anything wrong). Ah just nevermind.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
I guess. Not that I know the person and whether is interested or the demography for the mod counterpart, but.... Just it sounded off the way you put it. Ya know, the "Haha, you're both in luck!" when the mod isn't relevant where the suggestion posted lol. (By no means I'm implying you did anything wrong). Ah just nevermind.
Oh ok. I understand!

I actually prefer that it isn't official. I would hella be annoyed If many servers started to adapt to this system that (If it) were available officially. Having to log onto every new server that would prompt to start over with (imo) grind. Not only, but the execution that are quite often suggestions of an principle like "one/few abilities locked, must progress by using it a certain of times" it isn't the efficient one as you can just spam it without any effort to progress quite quickly by raping left click 100 times. With even cooldowns set up, that would require the player to stop by force, it still doesn't bring any challenge. Especially it doesn't help If the newcomers came to enjoy the server before realizing in disappointment they're restricted to one ability, which eventually would have it's novelty wear over because the player was obligated to use it over and over again in order to progress with their bending arsenal.

Just giving my two cents why developers find it flawed and the reason why they're rejecting it.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
I actually prefer that it isn't official. I would hella be annoyed If many servers started to adapt to this system that (If it) were available officially. Having to log onto every new server that would prompt to start over with (imo) grind. Not only, but the execution that are quite often suggestions of an principle like "one/few abilities locked, must progress by using it a certain of times" it isn't the efficient one as you can just spam it without any effort to progress quite quickly by raping left click 100 times. With even cooldowns set up, that would require the player to stop by force, it still doesn't bring any challenge. Especially it doesn't help If the newcomers came to enjoy the server before realizing in disappointment they're restricted to one ability, which eventually would have it's novelty wear over because the player was obligated to use it over and over again in order to progress with their bending arsenal.

Just giving my two cents why developers find it flawed and the reason why they're rejecting it.
Also, I'm gonna give an option for the player to use the new system or the current skill menu system- this is so the abilities keep their progression, but there's no massive leveling difference. I think this will help balance out the mod; any other suggestions for a non-skill tree version of progression (unlocking abilities, e.t.c)?

Da Psic

Also, I'm gonna give an option for the player to use the new system or the current skill menu system- this is so the abilities keep their progression, but there's no massive leveling difference. I think this will help balance out the mod; any other suggestions for a non-skill tree version of progression (unlocking abilities, e.t.c)?
How about allowing configuration in the mod as well. Im gonna guess this already planned but coming way later.

Kess

I do agree it does make it that new players have a disadvantaged and higher chance of losing new players for servers due to rage quiting.