• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Multiple Clicks and Abilities

FireManip is made of particles, whereas the SurgeShield you're proposing is made of water.
Doesn't mean same math can't be used to follow the position of the cursor and thus be shaped. If it happens to occupy the same block / interject, it would either still work or just stop there.

-2 clicks: ShieldBlast
Pretty self explanatory. If used when the shield is liquid, it will act like a normal Surge. If used when the shield is frozen, will act like a big IceSpike, slowing and damaging the enemy. Release shift to send shield forward.
Maybe let's leave that for WallofFire. We seen Jeong-Jeong proving the capabilities of firebenders pushing their own shield, and that would really stand out If one particular element had this technique exclusive, and I would prefer the honor to be given for firebenders.

iCarly

Doesn't mean same math can't be used to follow the position of the cursor and thus be shaped. If it happens to occupy the same block / interject, it would either still work or just stop there.
Spinning your cursor around to create a Pinwheel using SurgeShield doesn't seem like a great idea, you won't be able to actually SEE the attacks coming.

Spinning your cursor around to create a Pinwheel using SurgeShield doesn't seem like a great idea, you won't be able to actually SEE the attacks coming.
You wouldn't need to spin. You would need to sweep the cursor downward in a straight line vertically (from a bit up angle, not over head, slash it down to feet, as that how Hama created it anyway with hand movement). Isn't it that how it's positioned?

iCarly

Maybe let's leave that for WallofFire. We seen Jeong-Jeong proving the capabilities of firebenders pushing their own shield, and that would really stand out If one particular element had this technique exclusive, and I would prefer the honor to be given for firebenders.
It doesn't hurt to diversify bending more. We've seen moves that are similar to each other irregardless of their respective elements, and I don't see how this one is different. It IS possible, given the canonical feats that the show has shown.

It doesn't hurt to diversify bending more. We've seen moves that are similar to each other irregardless of their respective elements, and I don't see how this one is different. It IS possible, given the canonical feats that the show has shown.
It kinda does. For example, earthbenders shouldn't have earthspout and firebending firespouts.

iCarly

You wouldn't need to spin. You would need to sweep the cursor downward in a straight line vertically. Isn't it that how it's positioned?
Then I suggest you create a thread of your own outlining your propositioned SurgeShield, because I stand with my suggestion. It is similar to Torrent, it almost works like Torrent, and it has a hell lot of possibilities I'm willing to present IF this gets accepted.

Then I suggest you create a thread of your own outlining your propositioned SurgeShield, because I stand with my suggestion. It is similar to Torrent, it almost works like Torrent, and it has a hell lot of possibilities I'm willing to present IF this gets accepted.
Not gonna do that. There's a reason this a thread and I can put my thoughts in here oppose to creating a thread that shares a similar idea.

Because FireSpout and EarthSpout are COMPLETELY far-fetched ideas. Pushing a wall of ice isn't really one.
What makes an earthspout or firespout far-fetched ideas.? Pushing a wall of ice is kinda far fetched. Waterbenders only did show capabilities of throw small chuck sizes of ice, not that are a feet tall, while for water they could throw at any size.

iCarly

Not gonna do that. There's a reason this a thread and I can put my thoughts in here oppose to creating a thread that shares a similar idea.
I have explained my side, and you have explained yours. You believe that SurgeShield has more possibilities while I believe Pinwheel has more. I think it's pretty self-explanatory that we all have our own conjectures.

iCarly

What makes a far-fetched ideas. Pushing a wall of ice is kinda far fetched. Waterbenders only did throw small chuck sizes of ice, not that are a feet tall.
Okay. EarthSpout??? Really?? How would it work??? How would you make solid blocks spin around you without making it look like you're levitating? And FireSpout??? They would burn themselves. Imagine freezing a wall of water, then pushing it forward. I mean, we are able to control frozen walls of ice in game already. That shows absolute control, thus making it not far-fetched.

How would you make solid blocks spin around you without making it look like you're levitating?
Well, the plugin once has sandspout. As it wouldn't need to spin, but it would similar attributes: the player stands on solid blocks and can adjust the height via space and shift respectively.
And FireSpout??? They would burn themselves
Who said their feet will be touching the fire?? Besides, how do you think firejet works without scorching feet/hands????

iCarly

Well, the plugin once has sandspout. As it wouldn't need to spin, but it would similar attributes: the player stands on solid blocks and can adjust the height via space and shift respectively.

Who said their feet will be touching the fire? Besides, how do you think firejet works without scorching feet/hands?
Sand is extremely flexible, whereas earth is solid. There's a reason why there's no IceSpout in game.

FireJet users blast fire from their feet/hands, they don't linger on it. Once their clothes get caught up in the flames, it would ignite. I'm sure you know how hot fire bending can be, considering Zuko's scar came from a single fireblast.

iCarly

Who said their feet will be touching the fire?? Besides, how do you think firejet works without scorching feet/hands????
++ The tremendous power it takes to levitate using fire. We've only seen it once during the SOZIN'S COMET.

Da Psic

FYI and for reference, water can copy nearly every other ability due to how flexible it is. And temperature wise it can be frozen and heated. However the reverse does not happen.

Sandspout is still quite far fetched as sand really isn't "controlled" it is constantly pushed and "set in place" which means if you would try to proper yourself you would gain alot of scratches and probably die,(http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbending). However :) liquid metal could have some type of ability like this, but kinda rooted in place(just copy paste metal cables smh).
I can safely say that sand really really hurts with the tiniest bit of wind on the beach side, hide yo spouses and children.

Can use waterspout fast swim as a double click feature.
I suggest making every 3 clicks or 4 of any ability an "ability change" so if you were using octopus form and switch to waterspout, instead of it going away, you would use waterwave, or you could use switch to surge and once you click or shift you would use wave or shield.
You could expand on this by using a combo that would allow slot switching and water recycling that would work like bottle bending so if you were to freeze someone with torrent or surge with a single water source, if you tried to use another ability they would be unfrozen and you get back the water source(back in the day I made a thread and posted something similiar).

iCarly

FYI and for reference, water can copy nearly every other ability due to how flexible it is. And temperature wise it can be frozen and heated. However the reverse does not happen.

Sandspout is still quite far fetched as sand really isn't "controlled" it is constantly pushed and "set in place" which means if you would try to proper yourself you would gain alot of scratches and probably die,(http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbending). However :) liquid metal could have some type of ability like this, but kinda rooted in place(just copy paste metal cables smh).
I can safely say that sand really really hurts with the tiniest bit of wind on the beach side, hide yo spouses and children.

Can use waterspout fast swim as a double click feature.
I suggest making every 3 clicks or 4 of any ability an "ability change" so if you were using octopus form and switch to waterspout, instead of it going away, you would use waterwave, or you could use switch to surge and once you click or shift you would use wave or shield.
You could expand on this by using a combo that would allow slot switching and water recycling that would work like bottle bending so if you were to freeze someone with torrent or surge with a single water source, if you tried to use another ability they would be unfrozen and you get back the water source(back in the day I made a thread and posted something similiar).
Your suggestion is too discombobulated, I can't understand and it's difficult to grasp. I think it's important to keep it simple while keeping a sense of difficulty in it.