• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion WaterBullets

Davyn

Hey there, my name is Davyan. I've been playing PK for a while and I see very few waterbending-damaging binds. I've been thinking of something called: WaterBullets. (Sorry I'm new to this, I don't know how to post pictures, lol) https://dctb.deviantart.com/art/Korra-Waterbending-326270236

As you see here^ Korra, she is bending water several times is various ways. I'd like this to be a bind for waterbending 'cause there's not a WB move that does this certain thing. On the other hand, can you make it so it's more accurate, it's simular to Drain, but Drain doesn't do damage on other server, nor does much damage in general.

Sincerely yours, Davyan.

Message me on discord, I'm usually on daily. ☁❤Davyan❤☁#6948

Hey there, my name is Davyan
Hello Dayvan.
I've been playing PK for a while and I see very few waterbending-damaging binds.
Thouugh imo they have enough of damaging abilities. The Core of the element has water-manipulation, torrent, octopus form, water arms. I'm probably missing a few that I can't recall to list them in. Along side of icebending adding few more in different techniques, combined it shouldn't be a priority as of right as waterbenders, unlike earthbenders, can stand against in a fight pretty well.
As you see here^ Korra, she is bending water several times is various ways. I'd like this to be a bind for waterbending 'cause there's not a WB move that does this certain thing. On the other hand, can you make it so it's more accurate, it's simular to Drain, but Drain doesn't do damage on other server, nor does much damage in general.
Cosmetically it doesn't, but technically you can simulate the same effect: rapidly shoot watermanipulations at your opponent. This ability you're requesting imho isn't very practical in meaningful gameplay and worth the time or code to be spent by developers for creating, because If you ask yourself with reason on how it would enhance the gameplay in a new form when you can already simulate such as fact with the existing ability in the means I pointed out: select a source (preferably infinite water body) and rapidly left click. It's just gonna be end up being a gimmick of being watermanipulation 2.0 / that is much more fancier.

On the other hand, can you make it so it's more accurate, it's simular to Drain, but Drain doesn't do damage on other server, nor does much damage in general.
That argument would also apply to your ability, If it as normally they come with configurable options such as damage output in scripted file, so like Drain it would also really vary from server to server, as each servers have a different value how much does damage does it deal (or If does any at all ). You cannot guarantee that you will find every and all server dealing the same amount of damage, and the chance of its config.yml not including damage configurable option implanted is very low. So that 'other server' you play might just have WaterBullet deal low damage or only knockback.

(Sorry I'm new to this, I don't know how to post pictures, lol) https://dctb.deviantart.com/art/Korra-Waterbending-326270236
I'll guide you through a quick tutorial: the link, first of all, must end with .gif format so to get that right click on the image and click "copy video url" (something route to english or any other language your browser is using), than you put the link inside and between of ['img'] and ['/img'] (just exclude and leave out inverted commas: I'm only using them so that it upon posting this reply won't turn them invisible). For example: ['img']https://orig00.deviantart.net/2e58/f/2012/253/1/9/korra_waterbending_by_dctb-d5e93q4.gif['/img']

Last edited:

xNuminousx

You might be able to open the image in its own tab, copy the URL of that tab, go to a site like imgur and upload it there. It then gives you direct forum text that’ll convert it to a picture for a thread. That’s what I do. Also, if users on the forum click it, it will take them to imgur where they can veiw it in a larger size.

You might be able to open the image in its own tab, copy the URL of that tab, go to a site like imgur and upload it there. It then gives you direct forum text that’ll convert it to a picture for a thread. That’s what I do. Also, if users on the forum click it, it will take them to imgur where they can veiw it in a larger size.
That's interesting trick. Though it is a slighty unsafer because could probably lead you into copyright strike issues and that jazz of claiming an image as your own (though than again, it's easy to break the law and everyone is doing it without really getting caught, punished or anything).

xNuminousx

That's interesting trick. Though it is a slighty unsafer because could probably lead you into copyright strike issues and that jazz of claiming an image as your own (though than again, it's easy to break the law and everyone is doing it without really getting caught, punished or anything).
If you don’t have an account, don’t make money off the image, and are only using it for reference it shouldn’t matter. The only time copyright really becomes an issue is when someone is making money off of other people’s work and I’m not gonna make money from telling a child why soundbending isn’t a thing.

JettMC

In my opinion, it could be a new combo with torrent. Maybe Tap Shift Twice with torrent, then click once on Manip and then hold shift with torrent, it would create a torrent-alike water stream around you and if you left click, you could shoot some waterstreams out of it.

Davyn

In my opinion, it could be a new combo with torrent. Maybe Tap Shift Twice with torrent, then click once on Manip and then hold shift with torrent, it would create a torrent-alike water stream around you and if you left click, you could shoot some waterstreams out of it.
Maybe that could be a add-on to what I was thinking about. I mean, it's up to them and all, but I'd like this to be added on to torrent. (Thanks JetMC, for the inspiration)

Davyn

Hello Dayvan.

Thouugh imo they have enough of damaging abilities. The Core of the element has water-manipulation, torrent, octopus form, water arms. I'm probably missing a few that I can't recall to list them in. Along side of icebending adding few more in different techniques, combined it shouldn't be a priority as of right as waterbenders, unlike earthbenders, can stand against in a fight pretty well.

Cosmetically it doesn't, but technically you can simulate the same effect: rapidly shoot watermanipulations at your opponent. This ability you're requesting imho isn't very practical in meaningful gameplay and worth the time or code to be spent by developers for creating, because If you ask yourself with reason on how it would enhance the gameplay in a new form when you can already simulate such as fact with the existing ability in the means I pointed out: select a source (preferably infinite water body) and rapidly left click. It's just gonna be end up being a gimmick of being watermanipulation 2.0 / that is much more fancier.

That argument would also apply to your ability, If it as normally they come with configurable options such as damage output in scripted file, so like Drain it would also really vary from server to server, as each servers have a different value how much does damage does it deal (or If does any at all ). You cannot guarantee that you will find every and all server dealing the same amount of damage, and the chance of its config.yml not including damage configurable option implanted is very low. So that 'other server' you play might just have WaterBullet deal low damage or only knockback.

I'll guide you through a quick tutorial: the link, first of all, must end with .gif format so to get that right click on the image and click "copy video url" (something route to english or any other language your browser is using), than you put the link inside and between of ['img'] and ['/img'] (just exclude and leave out inverted commas: I'm only using them so that it upon posting this reply won't turn them invisible). For example: ['img']https://orig00.deviantart.net/2e58/f/2012/253/1/9/korra_waterbending_by_dctb-d5e93q4.gif['/img']

I totally understand, but I'd like this to be on other servers as well. WaterBullets will be a similar bind to maybe some binds that's already made(Probably made by other people). But, I'd assume the 'other servers' will config this to their perhaps. On the other hand, WaterBullets is just a bind for multiple hits (also controlling while looking around*obviously*, also dealing around 1 to .5 damage. Adding on to that, I'd say around 5 shots? maybe less.) Other server might seem this as "Too op" which is a probability, which is understandable and all, but *obviously* they can change how it works.

Last edited:

Davyn

Why wouldn't you just rapid-fire watermanipulation instead?
I mean, That never works 100% of the time. Including you need to shift a lot which makes you off-balance, so why not just hold shift and click? (Just like torrent, but same as FireShots with water.)

Davyn

As I realize this now, the 4 shot torrent will malfunction the normal Torrent. Why not make it so it's a different bind? Maybe separate?