• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
FireSerpent (1.8.7)

FireSerpent (1.8.7) v1.0.0

EmeraldJelly

Verified Member
EmeraldJelly submitted a new resource:

FireDragon - Fear Nothing and No one. You are stronger than you truely know.

Have you ever wanted to be a dragon? Well... Too bad. You cant be one. That's stupid. BUT!!!! You can make one out of fiyah!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concentrate your breath into a single point. Conceal the fire. Let it flow through your veins. Let it out. Let it roar!

Config:

Code:
      FireDragon:

Damage: 6
        Cooldown: 3000
        ChargeTime: 6000...
Read more about this resource...

GreenFire69

Verified Member
I cannot make it work xD
When I release shift after charging it it disappears
Oh I use pk 1.8.3 and minecraft 1.11.2
Or maybe I am too dumb to use it? xD

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
When you upload an ability called 'FireDragon', I'm at least expecting an actual dragon.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Making a dragon out of particles likely wouldn't look good... Cause of the way it'd change directions and how particles sort of "blend" together when they're in movement. Just my opinion though. Not to mention the difficulties in making a dragon out of particles or the glitches with using an Ender Dragon.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think it's a little unreasonable for that to be the least of your expectations lol.
Making a dragon out of particles likely wouldn't look good... Cause of the way it'd change directions and how particles sort of "blend" together when they're in movement. Just my opinion though. Not to mention the difficulties in making a dragon out of particles or the glitches with using an Ender Dragon.
Creating a dragon out of particles, surprisingly, requires little (vector) math. What it does require however, is how 3D modelling works. But since you can find 3D models online, it's not that hard to work around. Export the model to an 'obj' model, then read each line that starts with 'v ', turn the 3 doubles on that line into a vector, and save it. Then loop through those vectors, add them to the center, and you got your model in minecraft.

Maybe you're right though. However particles don't blend together, and a low poly (not too low) dragon could look just fine.

https://i.gyazo.com/a9f67b4921d1162dbaedd824a4058f5a.gif
(Sorry for the shitty GIF quality)

TheDeltaRayQuaza

Verified Member
Creating a dragon out of particles, surprisingly, requires little (vector) math. What it does require however, is how 3D modelling works. But since you can find 3D models online, it's not that hard to work around. Export the model to an 'obj' model, then read each line that starts with 'v ', turn the 3 doubles on that line into a vector, and save it. Then loop through those vectors, add them to the center, and you got your model in minecraft.

Maybe you're right though. However particles don't blend together, and a low poly (not too low) dragon could look just fine.

https://i.gyazo.com/a9f67b4921d1162dbaedd824a4058f5a.gif
(Sorry for the shitty GIF quality)
Do keep in mind that it should be a Chinese dragon, due to the fact that bending is based off Chinese martial arts.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
However particles don't blend together
I was referring to when it's in motion, like this move required. A lot of the shape would disappear and just turn to a blur with the speed required to make this at all interesting. That's why I was saying a most a head would be fine.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Do keep in mind that it should be a Chinese dragon, due to the fact that bending is based off Chinese martial arts.
Though, the actual dragons in the cartoon are a mixture that's based of two cultures: western (serpentine body, whiskers, horns) and eastern (ability to breath fire, wings). Benders could have hypothetically take inspiration from that and thus why what Finn created isn't that far fetch from what it was possible.

*adjusts nerdy glasses*

NickC1211

Verified Member
Though, the actual dragons in the cartoon are a mixture that's based of two cultures: western (serpentine body, whiskers, horns) and eastern (ability to breath fire, wings). Benders could have hypothetically take inspiration from that and thus why what Finn created isn't that far fetch from what it was possible.

*adjusts nerdy glasses*
I think it's more of the legs that are the issue

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
What the heck is going on here, @EmeraldJelly, this move is a great ability. You did an amazing job, don't listen to these shmucks. I am unable to understand why you guys aren't recognizing or acknowledging his attempt at making something awesome. The discussion sections of abilities should be a place to nitpick concepts and trash on people's works, especially someone as up and coming as Emerald. This move was made for a server and he didn't have to release it. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like our ability creators do, celebrate the fact they are building content for the whole community to have and are becoming good/better developers. Bottom line, if you have a big criticism, take it to a PM.

EmeraldJelly

Verified Member
When you upload an ability called 'FireDragon', I'm at least expecting an actual dragon.
Well Finn, its a new ability, and I'm a new developer. So if you have suggestions that's fine, but I'm not making a giant dragon for this ability. A Small dragon, sure but I'm not a Math genius when it comes to applying it to minecraft, so honestly its gonna take a bit of time for me to learn how to create particles like that. Thank you for the feedback.

EmeraldJelly

Verified Member
I cannot make it work xD
When I release shift after charging it it disappears
Oh I use pk 1.8.3 and minecraft 1.11.2
Or maybe I am too dumb to use it? xD
Not sure what the issue is. It might be that I stupidly uploaded the broken version of it. Give it a bit more testing on your part and pm me If you are still unsuccessful. I'm happy to help you if you need assistance.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I assume while making this, he referred to the show and this is what was in the show:

What the heck is going on here, @EmeraldJelly, this move is a great ability. You did an amazing job, don't listen to these shmucks. I am unable to understand why you guys aren't recognizing or acknowledging his attempt at making something awesome. The discussion sections of abilities should be a place to nitpick concepts and trash on people's works, especially someone as up and coming as Emerald. This move was made for a server and he didn't have to release it. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like our ability creators do, celebrate the fact they are building content for the whole community to have and are becoming good/better developers. Bottom line, if you have a big criticism, take it to a PM.
Woa dude... We weren't even dissing his move or anything...
This ^ was a bit salty, I admit, but after that it was really just creating ideas or contradicting Finn's idea of making it an actual dragon, as I've included in this post. NO ONE said that the move sucked, but rather we were elaborating an idea so: "don't listen to these shmucks" seems a little out of proportion since, IMO, any and all ideas/suggestion can be valuable and helpful. If he doesn't like the dragon idea, he doesn't have to use it. We've been elaborating on the possibilities of it. Finn even showed knowledge of the use of 3D modeling so if Emerald WANTS to use a dragon in his move, he can contact Finn. Most of these posts were about criticizing Finn's idea of an actual dragon rather than how good of a move this is. We may not have mentioned that this is a great move, but that doesn't mean we automatically think it's terrible and we should all be ignored.

Attachments

EmeraldJelly

Verified Member
I assume while making this, he referred to the show and this is what was in the show:

Woa dude... We weren't even dissing his move or anything...

This ^ was a bit salty, I admit, but after that it was really just creating ideas or contradicting Finn's idea of making it an actual dragon, as I've included in this post. NO ONE said that the move sucked, but rather we were elaborating an idea so: "don't listen to these shmucks" seems a little out of proportion since, IMO, any and all ideas/suggestion can be valuable and helpful. If he doesn't like the dragon idea, he doesn't have to use it. We've been elaborating on the possibilities of it. Finn even showed knowledge of the use of 3D modeling so if Emerald WANTS to use a dragon in his move, he can contact Finn. Most of these posts were about criticizing Finn's idea of an actual dragon rather than how good of a move this is. We may not have mentioned that this is a great move, but that doesn't mean we automatically think it's terrible and we should all be ignored.
And I was referring to that part of the anime.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
And I was referring to that part of the anime.
PS I had to take that picture with my phone (And crop it cause secret stuff on my computer >_>) because I couldn't find ANYTHING on Google.... I even learned the benders name, Malu, and that didn't help.