• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Raiseearth combo

NickC1211

Verified Member
Earth Push (TBD)
When an earthbender raises a pillar or multiple pillars with raise earth they should be able to push them at their opponent. (I thought it'd be op if you could push a whole wall). It would do 1 heart and knock back if a person is hit by one of the pillars.

The combo would be:
Raiseearth (raise pillars) > earthsmash (hold shift) > earthsmash (left click)

The second time the earthbender raises a wall then pushes it.

I'm pretty sure it's canon but I can't find a gif so if anyone knows of one let me know. This was kinda inspired by: http://projectkorra.com/threads/bumis-raisesmash-technique-2017.5771/#post-67941

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The combo would be:
Raiseearth (raise pillars)
When you say this, do you mean click? Or do you mean they have to be looking at pillars?

I love the idea. Earth should be able to do more things with what it creates. For example, manipulating the walls it creates to crumble, move around, etc.

NickC1211

Verified Member
When you say this, do you mean click? Or do you mean they have to be looking at pillars?

I love the idea. Earth should be able to do more things with what it creates. For example, manipulating the walls it creates to crumble, move around, etc.
Like you raise a pillar then hold shift and click on it to shoot it forward

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I dislike this. There were better suggestions for this similar thing propose by others
Like you raise a pillar then hold shift and click on it to shoot it forward
I don't like this combo.
1)It messes up the enviroment.
2)It ain't a combo If it requires one ability to be combine into nothing. Hence why they're called "combinations" for a reason.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
That's sort of what earth does tbh...

2)It ain't a combo If it requires one ability to be combine into nothing.
FireKick is a combo and it's only FireBlast. Combo, in my opinion, means combination of movements to achieve something. I don't think you should have to have multiple abilities to be able to execute a combo, just multiple movements.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I dislike this. There were better suggestions for this similar thing propose by others

I don't like this combo.
2)It ain't a combo If it requires one ability to be combine into nothing. Hence why they're called "combinations" for a reason.
How does it mess up the environment it literally takes a raiseearth pillar and moves it a few blocks forward as an attack it won't destroy the ground.

And it is a combo just as much as ice wave is a combo.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
How does it mess up the environment it literally takes a raiseearth pillar and moves it a few blocks forward as an attack it won't destroy the ground.
You do know that I comment it before you edit out the combo controls in your original post. You didn't mention earthsmash, so I thought its only uses RaiseEarth and that would result in spamming one pillar than a wall after left click and sneak.
It uses Raise Earth and EarthSmash.... Not sure how this is just one ability.
Again, my comment was typed before he edit the original post.

NickC1211

Verified Member
You do know that I comment it before you edit out the combo controls in your original post. You didn't mention earthsmash, so I thought its only uses RaiseEarth and that would result in spamming one pillar than a wall after left click and sneak.

Again, my comment was typed before he edit the original post.
Oh ok nvm you good lol

NickC1211

Verified Member
Weird, because when I made my original reply (Which was the first reply) I remember specifically trying to not get the ">" When led to the other motives in the sequence....
I'm not sure maybe he saw when I was in the middle of changing it from just click with earthsmash to hold shift and click

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Is it sad that this embodies bending more than projectkorra does lol?
Not really. There are so many limitations on how to make things work nicely I'm not surprised it isn't so similar. I think they've done great with the things they had; not saying there isn't room for improvement. There are many things they could do to improve; but I enjoy using what we have now and I look forward to how they plan to rework Bending with this 1.9 update, whenever it may come out.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Not really. There are so many limitations on how to make things work nicely I'm not surprised it isn't so similar. I think they've done great with the things they had; not saying there isn't room for improvement. There are many things they could do to improve; but I enjoy using what we have now and I look forward to how they plan to rework Bending with this 1.9 update, whenever it may come out.
I mean idk what it is but this is where we could be. Both water and earth need a rework